5 suggestions

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Aaahuh

5 suggestions

Post by Aaahuh »

1.British 60mm mortars - why do they even exist? either increase the range or decrease the cool down period to make them fire more rapidly to balance out. the damage is ok. the the range is just funny. and change the explosion ammo fx from grenade fx to real 60mm fx. it just look funny.

2.MG 42 - pleeease make it acceptable, the range,damage, supp, all beyond the oblivion. at least reduce range and supp.

3.LMG 42 and 34 - same as mg 42. needs skinning.

4. common for all - damage caused by mortars,arty,plane bombs to troops/crews inside buildings /emplacements...i think it needs to be slightly downed. but not for incendiaries.

5. British staring bofors nests - they have to be able to scuttle. as we often relocate. they become useless and swallow pop cap. or replace the with some mobile options.

JimQwilleran

Re: 5 suggestions

Post by JimQwilleran »

Innocent child... let someone tell you that MG42 is an untouchable gift sent to you, mere mortal, by our generous gods! If you blindly refuse to accept it, it shall turn on you and strike with great fury and anger as it will rightfully atomize the heathen! Listen to me child, and leave the path of ignorance!
(sarcasm ;))

Now seriously, I really would like to help you, but I suppose you play games vs AI mostly and this mod is balanced for PvP games. Try to play PvP, you will learn a different perspective ;).

Aaahuh

Post by Aaahuh »

Whooah...EASY... Killian, let's just breath.

dude listen, i know a whole lot about WW2 weaponry. maybe more than you, perhaps. I know it's fire rate, I know it's damage. but do you really think the range is acceptable in bk? and the suppression area? you can find many people complain about this, not only me. maybe like you said, BK is only balanced for PvP, I thought the mod is a sweet mix between historical accuracy and good game play balancing. If that's not the case, I withdraw my suggestion about MG42, I'll just edit my own mod. but, yeah I mainly play against expert AIs but I do play PvP with my brother, whether each of us play Allies or Axis, we do find ourselves to be blaming MG42 if lost. we've been playing this wonderful mod for only about 2 years now.

what about my other suggestions?

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Aaahuh wrote:dude listen, i know a whole lot about WW2 weaponry. maybe more than you, perhaps. I know it's fire rate, I know it's damage.
Perhaps you do, I am not saying that MG42 is realistic. But if it is so, you should imagine that many people already posted topics about it ;). Mg42 is working in that way since the beginning of the mod, and first devs wanted it to be "the icon" of the mod, and it seems that no one will ever do anything about it.

Aaahuh wrote:and the suppression area?
I think that suppression thing is from vCoH, also remember that when you play vs Expert, AI is continuously using "suppression fire" with their mgs, tanks and BARs.

Aaahuh wrote:but do you really think the range is acceptable in bk?
The ranges in bk are quite funny to be honest, but changing them as devs told me is much work to do. I myself posted a topic about that some guns, for example 37mm, have a shorter range than HMGs. It's just not only Bk, but also vCoH thing.

Aaahuh wrote:whether each of us play Allies or Axis, we do find ourselves to be blaming MG42 if lost.
That's rather wierd, because one sniper, one mortar, one tank, one howizer, one call-in arty, one airstrike, anything can kill it, except frontal rush with rifles ;). People are usually blaming op tigers for loosing ;D.

Aaahuh wrote:what about my other suggestions?

Aaahuh wrote:common for all - damage caused by mortars,arty,plane bombs to troops/crews inside buildings /emplacements...i think it needs to be slightly downed. but not for incendiaries.
That is quite reasonable, but still I don't even know if it's possible. Some mechanics form the vCoH are unchangeable...

Aaahuh wrote: British staring bofors nests - they have to be able to scuttle. as we often relocate. they become useless and swallow pop cap. or replace the with some mobile options.
You will hear the answer "no other faction move their base aa, so why brits would? If you could do so, in the early game everybody would rush with they aa gun to the middle, which is just ridiculous."

Aaahuh wrote:.British 60mm mortars - why do they even exist? either increase the range or decrease the cool down period to make them fire more rapidly to balance out. the damage is ok. the the range is just funny. and change the explosion ammo fx from grenade fx to real 60mm fx. it just look funny.
It was mentioned in my topic about rarest bk units ;D. Yes there are some things that could use a change but we can't be too greedy ;D.

Still, I think that the only true imagine of the game is PvP. Try playing with many players, different maps, you will see that Mg42 is not so op...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Aaahuh wrote:1.British 60mm mortars - why do they even exist? either increase the range or decrease the cool down period to make them fire more rapidly to balance out. the damage is ok. the the range is just funny. and change the explosion ammo fx from grenade fx to real 60mm fx. it just look funny.

2.MG 42 - pleeease make it acceptable, the range,damage, supp, all beyond the oblivion. at least reduce range and supp.

4. common for all - damage caused by mortars,arty,plane bombs to troops/crews inside buildings /emplacements...i think it needs to be slightly downed. but not for incendiaries.

5. British staring bofors nests - they have to be able to scuttle. as we often relocate. they become useless and swallow pop cap. or replace the with some mobile options.

1. Which one is it? the movable two men squad? The emplaced is 51 mm or? Same question for US 60 mm mortar btw.
2. Range is weird as written above. damage... well its wanted. Instead playing out MG42 cheap production they rather wanted an expensive weapon (350/30) but which denies any infantry in an area complerely without need of any support.
3. Not sure. I dont have a huge prob with it. Just alli counperparts like BAR or 1919A6 seem to be unable quite often to stop some infantry that rushes towards them.
4. Which bombs? I think they are quite OK and the US P-47 seem to do almost nothing vs inf.
5. not sure. Axis and US AB have also stationary cal 50´s and 20 mm. Even if they dont move forward to front they are still able to protect your territory against enemie airdrops, house spawn squads and they work as AA also.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

1.British 60mm mortars - why do they even exist? either increase the range or decrease the cool down period to make them fire more rapidly to balance out. the damage is ok. the the range is just funny. and change the explosion ammo fx from grenade fx to real 60mm fx. it just look funny.

I don't recall which one it is...the one with only two men? It's the smallest calibre mortar in game so the range is low...

As already mentioned, Xali (he created the mod in the first place) wanted to make the MG42 and icon of BK mod and he wanted it to stay that way. We honor is wishes and therefore we try not to touch it...

If you know how to make new skin you're welcome to make one. I know nothing about that, and I don't know if Wolf deals in skins...

These weapons are meant to be kinda anti-camper stuff. When it is set the way it is now, it forces the camping player to do something otherwise they'll lose troops/emplacement crews. If we lower the damage it won't change much only make the de-crewing process take longer.

Brits are the only faction which is able to build AA emplacements in every doctrine - others have them doctrine specific. So yeah, the basic truck moves from the sector after a while but if you want to make the new sector safer, you have means to do so.