Flank speed

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Consti255

Flank speed

Post by Consti255 »

What is about this topic?

Are we changeing it and remove it and balance the pointed units out?
I thought we agreed on such change, or did i miss something?
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Re: Flank speed

Post by Warhawks97 »

I agree. Its a carthoonish ability. I would simply compensate it with higher base acceleration and perhaps speed. M10 and M18 accelerate less quickly than a lot of heavier tanks making them easy targets many times over unless you use flank speed to accelerate in time.

The 20 mm car in particular becomes a meme units with high speed maneuvers and 180 degree turn in less than a second. Cromwell is also a good example for a meme tank.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

No, we didn't agree back then.. i remember it was a controversial topic.
I am against removing flank speed for tanks that currently have them.
Tweaking base acceleration or max speeds in return would either make some tanks going on permenant flank speed (becoming nearly OP) or that they would become slower than they should and therefore useless.. this would be very hard to adjust using basic values.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Do you think the Hellcat is op ?
I dont :`)

The hellcat is the best unit that showcases that this ability is not just immersion breaking, but also not necessary.
Also the PE 20mm are just obnoxious to face and in my opinion OP as they are right now with flank speed.
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 15:42
No, we didn't agree back then.. i remember it was a controversial topic.
I am against removing flank speed for tanks that currently have them.
Tweaking base acceleration or max speeds in return would either make some tanks going on permenant flank speed (becoming nearly OP) or that they would become slower than they should and therefore useless.. this would be very hard to adjust using basic values.
Found this btw:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4571&p=41276&hilit ... eed#p41276

nonesense that we didnt agree.
Cleary more people wanted the change.
Nerf Mencius

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

carthoonish ability
cartoonish ability? what about crawling, 6 men appearing out of thin air 2 meters next to you ON PLAIN GROUND insta killing everything with smgs, i think thats worse than flank speed

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Jagdpanther wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 09:16
carthoonish ability
cartoonish ability? what about crawling, 6 men appearing out of thin air 2 meters next to you ON PLAIN GROUND insta killing everything with smgs, i think thats worse than flank speed
Abilities like this make the game different and fun to play.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

From a ReAlisM perspective, pretty much everything in the game would make no sense.. just as well as reviving tanks top MG gunners by "repairing" the tank with some "torches" or tanks that can only shoot 100m ahead as max range, etc. The list can keep going on & on...

Though, this is a game... Flank Speed is one part of the game, just as crawling inf; the Flank Speed ability is limited to few units & balanced in my opinion.. while the crawling\ambush mechanic has spotting tools that work as a counter. Therefore, none of these complaints are valid from a gameplay point of view. Not to mention that the ranges we have in the game simulate a much smaller scale than reality, so 5m in the game is roughly equal to 500m in the real world.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Where is the flank speed counter ?

You drive into a ambush, aslong you arent mobility crited (which is PURE RNG), there is no counter than actually fielding a big ass gun that oneshots the flank speed unit and stops it from instaly rushing out of the danger zone after you shouldve lost the unit.

Flank speed in particular isnt mainly used for flanking. Its just a no brainer escape tool and also a finishing tool.
In the rares occasions its used as a flanking tool. Which is reasonable with the lacking side armor in BK.
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 13:36
Agreed, the only reasoning i see here is "it looks cartoonish" but then most abilities in the game could be considered cartoonish if we recognize it from a pure realism approach... The ability is balanced from a gameplay point of view & limited to few units that really need it. So, i still find this removal request absolutely uncalled for.
Ahh?
Consti255 wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 17:48

The 222s are in my opinion OP due to this ability, paired with TS off-map.
if you have vision, noting is stopping those guys of shredding infantry or working as mobile emplacement clearing machines with the offmap.
If you have a 75mm puma behin, you simply doesnt fear annything.
where is this realsim?
Consti255 wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 15:15
Minute 19:17.

Why does things like this even exist. A tank instantly converting into a race car (in reverse gear which is even worse) just drive away from a fight it couldnt win. I know its because of balance sake that tanks have a reverse gear in BK that didnt had one, but things like this are just over the top, they are aswell a no brainer button if you made a mistake.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4571&p=41276&hilit ... eed#p41276
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4756&p=42900#p42900
A bit of realsim, but mainly the uncounterable outplay button after you shoudlve lost ur tank.
Warhawks97 wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 17:08

Well, i guess you havent played vs Dondreon then. I trolled everyone and everytime. Pak? Dont worry, flank speed and pass by with cromwell.
20 mm Car? Get two of them and i tell you there is nothing you can do. One pak Puma, 2x 20 mm and a krad... thats all you need, esspecially TS doc.

M10 is not OP because the turret is ultra slow and often time flank speed messes up the aiming here. Just increase base acceleration to that what jackson has right now. M10 and Hellcat are among the slowest accelerators which is funny since speed is all they have to survive.
not realsim.
Last edited by Consti255 on 28 Mar 2022, 17:37, edited 2 times in total.
Nerf Mencius

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Consti255 wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 17:32
The long forgoten Muni sink. the forbidden technique of laying MINES.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

tarakancheg wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 17:33
Consti255 wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 17:32
The long forgoten Muni sink. the forbidden technique of laying MINES.
laying mines in the enemy territory or frontline? When a cromwell drives into your pak 38 ? we both know mines work only if you know the enemy has 0 vision and second if you have the upper hand to mine the middle or outer sectors. In a stalemeant, which basicly is every game right now since people like to arty party in lane maps, there is no possible way, that you lay a mine.

Watch Tigars recent RA video on 19:19min, where should the enemy lay a mine in that scenario. I dont see any possible counter, except a 88mm gun to oneshot this thing.

Same goes for the PE 20mm, when this things gets vet (which it gets absolutely everytime in TS doc in particular) this thing gets even damage reduction, which stops it from beeing oneshoted aswell.
Nerf Mencius

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Oh really, so my statement on how many recons and vision is Now, hasn't lead for an active gameplay, makes even more sense now..
Being able to sitback with tons of vision, does not make game any more interesting. Everything must be predicted and railed.

And yet again, most intuitive solution seems for you is to slow down the game further, by taking out all the active mechanics.

Another dumb idea overthinked to a degree of "most obvious".

Hmmmmmm
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

If escaping otherwise deadly ambushes is suvh a big problem, you could add a full HP or 80+% HP requirement to the ability.
Can't drive like the devil if your tank starts falling apart.

Btw., as far as I'm concerned, I'd keep the ability.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I’d keep the ability but only for Cromwell’s 50% or more health.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

bump pls
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.