Is Defense Doctrine Okay? Thoughts on 2CP Arty and other things

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Is Defense Doctrine Okay? Thoughts on 2CP Arty and other things

Post by Walderschmidt »

In this thread by Warhawks where he complains about the LeiG, the conversation drifted to Defense Doctrine and how it gets 2 CP artillery, which he believes to be OP.

I personally don't think it's an issue but I will concede that defense doctrine is relatively boring to play.

What do you guys think about defense doctrine? Is the 2CP arty too good?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Is Defense Doctrine Okay? Thoughts on 2CP Arty and other things

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Def doc doesn't have much to offer, no specialized inf, no infilteration tools, nothing equal to 76 Sherman, no early unlocked off-maps... it's only about bunkers, arty & TDs, later some def bonuses for regular inf that require ammo for any kind of weapon upgrades... Not saying the doc is poor, but it's currently balanced as it is, since i believe that delaying the 105 howitzers on this doc or nerfing the LieG would make it lose some of its currently essential assets.. and as mentioned before, the Axis 105 howitzers can be easily countered by the 75mm HT which is available in both RA & inf docs.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 01:45
Def doc doesn't have much to offer, ... it's only about bunkers, arty & TDs,
Basically this. Def doc is flawed on a concept level and is the main reason games last way longer than they have to.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I agree that def doc has conceptual flaws and that it is damn hard to actually get offensive. All units are specialized and expensive. And their vehicles cost a lot of fuel. Like why does the 20 mm HT cost 35 fuel?

Nontheless, its easy to make the game as annoying as it is anyhow possible. Get inf, sandbags, 37 mm AT, leig 18 and soon after a 105. Team games are super annoying as you get bombed by a 105 more or less right from the start and nonstop. I wouldnt mind when this doc would have access to better Tank IV versions like the J or something in order to make it a bit easier to actually attack. However, i would be glad if the 105 would be at least 3 CP or 4, maybe placed behind some other artillery unlock. And 105´s hopefully more expensive to build, maintain and with more range so that it wouldnt compete as much with mortars and light arty in terms of range and cost.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

I'm fine with def doc overall, the only thing I would change is giving them a P4 so that you aren't entirely reliant on casemates, even if it's just an F2 or J. The doc doesn't need to be good at pushing, but pushing with casemates is mindnumbingly slow and generally not fun for any party involved.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Flaws:

- underpriced arty in terms of CP and actually cost (costs are a general problem in BK especially the ammo cost of arty and tanks)
- not good at pushing, so a P4 J would be a good addition
- Joy killer of games?

The no brainer arty for 2 CP and less costs as a medium tank, early Leig18s, pak 36 HE Bunker and MG spam and the grille on top and voila the most obnoxius and unfun doc has entered the chat.
tarakancheg wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 02:24
Basically this. Def doc is flawed on a concept level and is the main reason games last way longer than they have to.
agreed.
Nerf Mencius