RAF tanks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
tarakancheg

Re: RAF tanks

Post by tarakancheg »

Problem with tetrarch 40mm is that it comes too late into the game and has no real use at captain teir when you can get either a staghound with its 50 cal for better anti inf or 57mm HT for AT.
So how about just switching daimler at T1 out for a 40mm tetrarch?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Mhh,
good idea in general, should the cost stay the same ?

I still think that the little john adapter is not worth getting. The global update either the unit upgrade.
It should get a buff in terms of post pen damage that you could atleast 3 shot a Panzer 4 OR it should be way earlier accessable.
Otherwise this upgrade could just be removed and could be replaced by something doc relate which is actually worth its money.
Becuase right now, the Tetrach comes too late and the little john adapter as well. And it is somewhat a doctrine specific unit which just gets deployed because you have too with the ehavy glider.
Nerf Mencius

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Tetrarch isn't really the main recipient for little john, it's the Daimler.
EDIT: Daimler dont get free adapter.
How little dmg does the 40mm do if it doesn't 3 shot a pz 4? thought it did base 280 dmg. which should be enough.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Why should it be the Daimler?!
Its lower tier, lower turret rotation and aswell not dropable via glider.
I dont see ANY point of getting the daimler in such state of the game when you can research the global update to get a daimler over a tetrach.
So no, the daimler is defnitly NOT the main recipient of the little john adapter in RAF.

I mean like honestly, you have units like the 28mm car which tend to overperform vs way higher tier units like the M4 sherman, without doc specific upgrade and which skyrocks as a base unit and meanwhile you need a global update for the 40mm just to even pen a P4.
From what i can tell, it needed 4 shots iirc and aswell, it should even pen up to a P4 H imo.
Not just because of ReAlIsM but also in terms of balance. (BTW the Little John was a beast when it comes to penetration values)
Why would you EVER get such an upgrade for a lower tier unit, which comes late on its own and aswell the upgrade comes too late.

You could argue that the tetti should just be faster available and the upgrade aswell, but honestly, i think that wouldnt adress the problem with the the Tetrach you get when you call in a heavy glider. And i dont thinbk we should remove the the delivery with the heavy glider, i think in general that the little john should be more usefull and worth getting.
Fuck, even delay it and make it stronger so the unit gets more interesting to get over the 76mm Tetrach.
Nerf Mencius

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Yeah, was testing against AI, 76mm tetrarch seemed to get more vehicle kills than the 40mm (Mostly due to finishing of vehicles)

And Daimler is quite a lot cheaper but feels quite sluggish to use compared to tetrarch. When tetrach cost more than a sherman and dies to mortar fire it becomes kinda hard to even think of getting one.
The tetracrch smoke ability is also pretty bad since you have to stop and rotate to fire it.

I still find the vehicle situationally useful but requires too much mirco and resources to make it viable anywhere else other than mid-game.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Every time I get to test anything within PvE mode, units and DMG models/crits outplay drastically different from pvp mode.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"