RE recon capabilities

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

RE recon capabilities

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

One of the reasons why RE sucks so much is the complete absence of spotters, engenier player is blind almost always. Add to recce similar sight ability like in Raf doc.

Warhawks97

Re: RE recon capabilities

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:One of the reasons why RE sucks so much is the complete absence of spotters, engenier player is blind almost always. Add to recce similar sight ability like in Raf doc.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=454

Its suggested here. RE is simply the worst in things of recconassaince.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

personally I think recon units are crap. tbh each unit should have line of sight according to it's range, except artillery units ofc. and each faction can have 1 spotter max to scout behind enemy lines

as it stands PE and CW are both very handicapped with spotting compared to US and WH docs. getting LT, Captain or kettengrad behind enemy lines or front lines is often a futile exercise

spotters should be about sneaking behind enemy lines to get intel on enemy activities, but currently it's mostly to optimize other unit's LOS ie AT guns, Snipers, mortars etc...

my 2 cents

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:personally I think recon units are crap. tbh each unit should have line of sight according to it's range, except artillery units ofc. and each faction can have 1 spotter max to scout behind enemy lines

as it stands PE and CW are both very handicapped with spotting compared to US and WH docs. getting LT, Captain or kettengrad behind enemy lines or front lines is often a futile exercise

spotters should be about sneaking behind enemy lines to get intel on enemy activities, but currently it's mostly to optimize other unit's LOS ie AT guns, Snipers, mortars etc...

my 2 cents

agreed so far. Esspecially with first sentence. Direct shooting units should actually be able to see their targets with their own eyes and optical equipments. Thing is the stuh and unemplaced 88´s would be damn good reccons due to their range, scouting 2 vs 2 maps almost entirely oO.

I would simply wish some more binoculars for every factions officers and for some vehicle (which are even called scout Vehicles). PE has cons and pros. cons they cant drive simply behind enemie lines. Pros are that i can send them together with assault forces and thus detecting hidden stuff (or paks will waste their first shot on krad and not my tank) and i can deploy them quickly on my assault flanks when i make a turn with my assault forces and i can build as many as i want:D). But just a view more binoculars for some units for temporarily scouting. About spotters itself i dont think that a limit of one is really neccessary.
Build more AA Walderschmidt