Airborne quad 50cal. emplacement

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Tony_Frost

Airborne quad 50cal. emplacement

Post by Tony_Frost »

Hello everybody!
WM Mortar team or Mortar Halftrack (WM ad PE) makes 3 direct hits to destroy (not just killing crew) Airborne quad .50cal emplacements (with fortifications).
On the other hand, Base quad .50cal emplacements (which set in the HQ sector from the start) can stand more than 3 mortar hits (about 8 or even more).
Looks like it just two different structures. I noticed that they have slightly different names in game. I have russian version and in it the base def called
"M55 50cal. machine gun truck" (i dunno why "truck", but it is), and the build one names "50cal. machine gun platform M55".
My suggestion is - give Airborne quad .50cal emplacement same stats as Base quad .50cal emplacement because it is just unacceptable for defensive structure to be so vulnerable.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Airborne quad 50cal. emplacement

Post by MarKr »

This is because emplacements are being built with some "armor" type which makes them vulnerable during construciton but after they had been constructed their "armor" changed to something more sturdy.
This new armor type is "tp_cw_emplacements" which has massive damage reduction from small arms.
quad .50cal however gets "tp_building_allies_checkpoint" which poses no damage reduction from small arms. This is the same for the current .30cal emplacement. It is the same armor type as "observation posts" have (structures that increase point income).

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

As it had been said many times, Mortar haltrack should only be available to PE. Will it be removed from Wher and Americans?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

How is this related to the topic of quad .50cal emplacements? :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:As it had been said many times, Mortar haltrack should only be available to PE. Will it be removed from Wher and Americans?

open a new topic if you want. Then we can discuss about it. Note that ive already had such a topic in old forum and made plenty of suggestions but nobody really looked at it.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

MarKr wrote:This is because emplacements are being built with some "armor" type which makes them vulnerable during construciton but after they had been constructed their "armor" changed to something more sturdy.
This new armor type is "tp_cw_emplacements" which has massive damage reduction from small arms.
quad .50cal however gets "tp_building_allies_checkpoint" which poses no damage reduction from small arms. This is the same for the current .30cal emplacement. It is the same armor type as "observation posts" have (structures that increase point income).

So, i think, simply copy/paste stats from base quad to airborne will solve the problem)