Stormtroopers halftruck

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MEFISTO

Stormtroopers halftruck

Post by MEFISTO »

Make UAS available in the Stormtroopers Hafltruck.

idliketoplaybetter

Re: Stormtroopers halftruck

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Hi, I was thinking to make rather exlcusive post/list of units that has either lack of appearence in the game or almost gone from any game(based on my experience 1v1/2v2/3v3 games pool), but maybe we can start a small talk using this thread..

So, BK halftrack is something that currently exist as a filler to the brench. Practically speaking, people get 2CP unlock for Storms and then either go for Tank brench or heavy inf. spam with additional unlock of 2LMG storms, eventually coming back to the Tank brench anyway.
Honestly saying, not as many people use this Offmap call-in unit thingy for 700mp you can have too.., although I believe that without unlocking 2CP storms first, u still may be able to get 1 full upraged squad from that offmap ability.

Is there a technical possibility to maybe combine this things somehow altogether? What if there could be an option to choose between calling in the Tank+Storms or Halftrack+Storms, for a different MP price and purposes?

What if Halftrack was somehow upgradable? Say, we keep CP upgrade in the brench as is, but the Halftrack is buildable right on after T2 upgrade, with no healing option and/or some abilities to build units within, that become usable after said CP unlock?

BK is the strongest early game doctrine that ironically, has the worst mid/late game CP development (again, just my personal ingame experience and what I can see from opponents).

No matter how many units can produce halftrack if barely anybody is using it most occasions ingame wise.

I really believe that most of the balance issues could or should be resolved not through changing units that are in constant use/overuse, but through seeing of what people are almost has no interest or situations to be using.

I would love to hear you people on this and maybe we all have some vision on what is used and what is not.

Just to clarify, I have chosen this thread cause it seemed to me that maybe Mefisto post was either lacking argumentation on why that should be done as maybe that was intentional from you guys to keep UAS squad off the halftrack.., we may figure it out.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

in my opinion, the Storm HT is the gate of which u need to unlock in order to access the Leader Storm squad.. and to also have Demo Storms unlocked.

So, it's more than just a filler.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 00:48
in my opinion, the Storm HT is the gate of which u need to unlock in order to access the Leader Storm squad.. and to also have Demo Storms unlocked.

So, it's more than just a filler.
Commans storms are essential for bk to fight other elites late-game so I feel like CP cost behind it should stay

idliketoplaybetter

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 00:48
I am talking not about it's functionallity, but usability as well as, how often it is either used for the proper stage, not just cause.
tarakancheg wrote: Commans storms are essential for bk to fight other elites late-game so I feel like CP cost behind it should stay
Where exactly did I say anything about taking it's CP cost completely away?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

People oversee that the HT also is a retreat point that can move and is better against arty than normal retreat points or leader units, it also heals on a fast rate and reinforces. And IMO, you get one of the best leader sqauds with a good aura, great buffing ability, crawling, good weapons and on top a 81mm call in (which is nuts with a crawling unit)
So you get many bangs for your buck:

- Fast deployed Inf
- Leader sqaud
- Demo sqaud
- mobile retreat point (which is way better than a static one)
- healing and reinforce

Everything for 2 CP and a little bit MP + fuel, there are WAY worse unlocks right now in the trees across the factions that cost 2 CP. Overall, i think nothing should be changed here.

I made a suggestion for Blitz doc and its call in, short story, the panzer III gets removed from it and the StuG III comes instead.
Btw, the call in doesnt give you a upgraded UAS.
Nerf Mencius

idliketoplaybetter

Consti255 wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 11:15
People oversee that the HT also is..
My point is, that game as BK doc is very linear and situational, which is not specifically bad, but U get 1 thing from each brench and then fill up basically stuff, that you may never even need (anymore).

For example:

Halftrack healing ability is not necessary, since to the moment you may to need it, you have either Base heal upgrade or Med tent.
Halftrack has retreat point, okay, but only Storm related squads can retreat to it. At the point of availability and Ingame situation, you better have at least pz4 BEFORE getting Halftrack anyway. That is additional lurking around Command Tree and MP.
Halftrack can provide Officer squad that is I think locked before T3 phase (here I'm unsure).

It is often ignored and left behind not cause it's bad function unit, but in face too far from real ingame usage. Although basic HT is availabe for build after T2 right on. It is also not used anyhow in BK doc

I simply proposed to reconsider it, to a point that T2 allows you to build it in a basic state. With heal upgrade and say Retreat point by default.
After getting CP upgrade on it, you are allowed to build Officer and so on.

Offmap combat group choice would also be favourable IMO.

What I see now in most of the games, is that "Agressive" doctrines are played passively. You get storm squad from the house, win/lose 1engagement, comeback with something T3 has.

That's it. Pure tower defence with Blob of crawling closecombat units.

If game is Axis balance favour, BKplayer goes along Infantry brench, if not, lurking around..

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I like the idea as it gives more utility to the stormtroopers, which is cool, as anything that is not “rush tanks” is great for the meta.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 19:14
I like the idea as it gives more utility to the stormtroopers, which is cool, as anything that is not “rush tanks” is great for the meta.
Perhaps its just mem but i dont fully understand which idea. UAS to the HT? Or the change of the HT to be somehow different?

4 CP for a mobile retreat, heal and quick inf deployment vehicle which costs just a few MP and fuel isnt all that bad?
Perhaps someone can tell me in short what exactly is being proposed/should be changed with the HT.
Build more AA Walderschmidt