Most mortars should not deal (that much) damage to solid structures

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
TheUndying

Most mortars should not deal (that much) damage to solid structures

Post by TheUndying »

Talking mostly about the buildings in your base. I don't think that the 60/80mm mortars should be able to deal significant damage to those buildings, if any at all.
The heavy mortars? Sure, but it should still be worse than proper artillery or HE vehicles/tanks.

This is probably not so much an issue in PvP but in PvE you can just cheese the AI like crazy. Mortars in general deal way too much damage but that may just be Expert AI shenanigans (like shells magically landing way off target but still on top of your units even though you moved them after the mortar crew fired because fuck you).

Also, slightly related: Airborne should not get the 80mm mortar, give them the 60mm one instead. :)

tarakancheg

Re: Most mortars should not deal (that much) damage to solid structures

Post by tarakancheg »

TheUndying wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 23:55
Also, slightly related: Airborne should not get the 80mm mortar, give them the 60mm one instead. :)
Aren't ab only get 80mm mortar via paradrop and their barracks mortar is 60mm?

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

tarakancheg wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 00:52
TheUndying wrote:
Yeah that's what I mean - the airdrop mortars shouldn't be 80mm. You already have the ability to drop them wherever you see fit, why doesn't the Inf Doc get the perk of using heavy hitting mortars?

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Pretty sure inf gets the bigger mortar too, only armor doc has the 60mm IIRC. Inf doc also has the enormous fuck-off 107mm mortar emplacements.

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

Yes I am aware. It should be inf only.

Anyways, can we get back to the actual topic, please? What's your stance on it?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

TheUndying wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 01:42
tarakancheg wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 00:52
TheUndying wrote:
Yeah that's what I mean - the airdrop mortars shouldn't be 80mm. You already have the ability to drop them wherever you see fit, why doesn't the Inf Doc get the perk of using heavy hitting mortars?
Oh boy, get your fingers away from that mortar ability....
I dont care about mortar damage against base buildings, but nothing less, they should keep their damage against everything buildable in field in terms of PvP balance.
Also, if AB gets a 60mm mortar by the drop, noone ever will get this unlock anymore, since the 60mm mortar is the worst in the game. Often outspoken, never adressed.
Nerf Mencius