Erich told me to

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Redgaarden

Erich told me to

Post by Redgaarden »

Think he wants PE officer to be cheaper. which isn't really that far off from being a good idea. Haven't checked which buffs he gives. But I would believe it's the same as Whermacht one?
Would propose putting it down to 340 mp. only reason them being higher cost than other officer equivalent is that they have mp44 and a seriously awesome pistol.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

tarakancheg

Re: Erich told me to

Post by tarakancheg »

they have the same auras
WH Officer/ PE Hauptsturmführer:
Vet0:
Received suppression: -15%
Sight radius: +25%
Accuracy: +12.5%
Damage: +2.5%
Vet2:
Received experience: +25%
Weapon cooldown time: -10%
Weapon reload time: -10%
Received Damage: -15%
Vet4:
Weapon damage: +15%
Pop cap: +4
BUT. PE officer has 2 stgs, can throw nades (and flame nades for SE) also can call in SS. so i dont think PE officer needs a buff because any officer with a good combat capabilities (US AB, LUFT officer) cost about as much

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I thought it gave -50 suppression. Is that the us officer that does that then? and thanks for the stats

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

You're buying a combat unit you're not planning on using for combat. I think it's overpriced at 400

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Compared to other leaders its madness.
I think its overpriced, but i think the build time is even worse.
This guy takes ages to deploy
Nerf Mencius

Erich

Post by Erich »

tarakancheg wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 17:06
they have the same auras
WH Officer/ PE Hauptsturmführer:
Vet0:
Sight radius: +25%
Accuracy: +12.5%
Damage: +2.5%
Vet2:
Received experience: +25%
Weapon cooldown time: -10%
Weapon reload time: -10%
Received Damage: -15%
Vet4:
Weapon damage: +15%
Pop cap: +4
BUT. PE officer has 2 stgs, can throw nades (and flame nades for SE) also can call in SS. so i dont think PE officer needs a buff because any officer with a good combat capabilities (US AB, LUFT officer) cost about as much
Still its 3 man squad that gets easily killed and cost more than rangers and takes almost the same time to build as a panther. Im not saying its useless but it can definely be better without hurting the balance. Reducing the cost would be nice, and u can even take one stg out if necessarily.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

They're prob not the best for pushing against actual infantry, but they're pretty useful in combat when used defensively. I'd personally rather have the other less capable officer units be buffed to the same level of self sufficiency, the PE officer is a lot more fun to use than the standard officers on other factions.

They're obviously not going to be comparable to a full squad, but having the extra fire support is nice and the PE one is especially useful at thinning enemy inf pushes a bit while the rest of your units are adjusting their position/field of fire. They're also good for cleaning up if your other inf trade evenly with the enemy, allowing you to still fight even if you need to retreat a normal squad.

Maybe have both available through the reward unit system, so people can choose whether they want have cheap officers or combat capable ones on PE? Seems kinda lame to just lower the cost and limit it's usage to a purely support role like the other standard ones. If anything, make the stormtrooper command squad available immediately for BK doc and give the def/prop doc officers guards armed with an MG34+kar98. US and CW ones could be similarly improved with their faction's respective weapons.

Think about it, how often do you actually see the single man officer units actively participating in combat? If people want their officers units to be useless on their own in exchange for being slightly cheaper, that's fair, but why ruin the fun for people that don't want that? It's not like they're entirely self sustaining super commando squads, they obviously still need the support of real inf squads to push.