AB 82nd Rangers.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
tarakancheg

AB 82nd Rangers.

Post by tarakancheg »

Airborne rainger are in a strange state with their weapon upgrades. Their default weapon is 6x Thompsons, which are upgraded to either: 3x Thompsons, 2x garands and 1x 1919a lmg or 2x thompsons and 4x garands. I dont know how many weapon slots do 82nd have, but there is something wrong with either garand weapon slots or 82nd squad weapon slots in general.
Because of that we end up in a situarion where part of a squad is just ineffective at dealing damage making it better for a squad to stay with default loadout to be specialized in at least 1 job without having part of a squad be a decoration (thompsosns in a long range squad).
If you want a squad that is equiped with elite garands, then you will be better of to stick with B-tier 101St and lose out on 1.5 vet bonuses from Elite tier vet.

Warhawks97

Re: AB 82nd Rangers.

Post by Warhawks97 »

We find similiar weird loadouts not just there. Its just the best example. Thats why i brought up this suggestion once:

https://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f ... on+package
Build more AA Walderschmidt

crazyace96

Post by crazyace96 »

i think 101st should get the m1919 to promote use as line infantry, 82nd rangers would now have the Johnson lmg upgrade to promote a more mobile style of play

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

crazyace96 wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 22:15
i think 101st should get the m1919 to promote use as line infantry, 82nd rangers would now have the Johnson lmg upgrade to promote a more mobile style of play
Problem is that 82nd scale better because of elite vet modifiers and if we give them Johnson lmg or even 2, we are still have 4 smgs in a squad. And why would you get lmgs in a squad that rushes in, gets a grenade of and then either retreats because of high losses or starts chasing a retreating enemy? Lmgs won't really help you with being mobile because you need to be stationary to deal damage (or suppress) which 101st does better having no 2 lmgs rn, and 82nd are more suited for front-line having "fire-up", 6 goos smgs as default weapons, more hp and smoke.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

crazyace96 wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 22:15

Agreed.
tarakancheg wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 23:37

Problem is that 82nd scale better because of elite vet modifiers and if we give them Johnson lmg or even 2, we are still have 4 smgs in a squad. And why would you get lmgs in a squad that rushes in, gets a grenade of and then either retreats because of high losses or starts chasing a retreating enemy? Lmgs won't really help you with being mobile because you need to be stationary to deal damage (or suppress) which 101st does better having no 2 lmgs rn, and 82nd are more suited for front-line having "fire-up", 6 goos smgs as default weapons, more hp and smoke.
The Johnson could once fire on the move. It was basically the US version of the FG42. I have no clue why it got turned into a full lmg type of weapon. It was never one. So it should be possible to fire on the move with the johnson while being better than BAR. In combo with the Thompson it would still easily work in close range combat. But it would also increase the squads mid range lethaility. Just as FG42 works with MP40.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 00:19
The Johnson could once fire on the move. It was basically the US version of the FG42. I have no clue why it got turned into a full lmg type of weapon.
I think Tiger will answer you this, as he was the one who had the biggest problem with it (at least as far as I remember).
Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 00:19
It was never one.
What do you mean? Like...in reality it wasn't an LMG, or...?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Soldiers in the game carry the Johnson on the hip, just as how LMGs are held.. therefore; it caused an ugly visual glitch when they fired on the move.

Now 101st have Thompsons anyways, so game-play wise i don't think anything needs to change regarding this.

P.S
Speaking of AB inf & generally the whole doctrine btw.. i just wanted to say; whoever thinks AB doc "now sucks" then i have something fabulous for them to see in the next couple of days, that's when they will take a chance to re-consider their opinion from scratch.

However, those who already REALIZE the potential of AB doc and its current strength.. won't be much surprised though.