British Mortar pleaaaaaaaaaaase

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
jaggardos

British Mortar pleaaaaaaaaaaase

Post by jaggardos »

The shitty mortar british get is shit.

One day, a Axis mortar halftrack rolled up behind cover just out of sight. Now what do I do to kill them? If I send ANYTHING towards them, they can just drive off, whilst said attacking troops either get ripped to shreds by some MG that was waiting miles away, or have to return to base having achieved nothing. The british need something to counter the axis mortar teams because they are able to displace any emplacement, and all I have is a shitty mortar that can go camo. Great... One shot, axis goes oh there it is, barrage on that point, dead.

Either provide something for the british that will balance this or tell me if I'm missing something.
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Warhawks97

Re: British Mortar pleaaaaaaaaaaase

Post by Warhawks97 »

jaggardos wrote:The shitty mortar british get is shit.

One day, a Axis mortar halftrack rolled up behind cover just out of sight. Now what do I do to kill them? If I send ANYTHING towards them, they can just drive off, whilst said attacking troops either get ripped to shreds by some MG that was waiting miles away, or have to return to base having achieved nothing. The british need something to counter the axis mortar teams because they are able to displace any emplacement, and all I have is a shitty mortar that can go camo. Great... One shot, axis goes oh there it is, barrage on that point, dead.

Either provide something for the british that will balance this or tell me if I'm missing something.

mortar HT´s are one of the biggest enemies for CW. Esspecially early PE with flame shot. Ask your mates for help or try yourself using light vehicles (which will get killed by 37, 50 mm or schrecks usually).

Its nasty i know. When i play i have schwimm, scout vehicle, 50 mm or 28 mm and my grens when the HT comes. At that time i usually start pushing back brits. Ive never played CW in 1 vs 1 but options are pretty limited.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Yeah I thought asking for help would be an answer, but I usually do 1v1 so thats a bit tricky. Should probably start learning US... :/
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Wake

Post by Wake »

In general, British are almost exclusively in a support role for the US. Most common is to provide arty spam from arty doc, while the US players do most of the attacking, because brits in general are just really bad at being able to attack. The other options are making lots of defenses with RE and saving for the croc churchill ace. RAF is the only real offensive thing for Brits.

Often though, the brits need to be supporting the US. In most games, this means going arty doc, spamming arty and mortar pits, and building 17 pounders to destroy heavy axis tanks. And also parking your trucks on points to give more resources to your US teammates.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:In general, British are almost exclusively in a support role for the US. Most common is to provide arty spam from arty doc, while the US players do most of the attacking, because brits in general are just really bad at being able to attack. The other options are making lots of defenses with RE and saving for the croc churchill ace. RAF is the only real offensive thing for Brits.

Often though, the brits need to be supporting the US. In most games, this means going arty doc, spamming arty and mortar pits, and building 17 pounders to destroy heavy axis tanks. And also parking your trucks on points to give more resources to your US teammates.

thats what brits do. But currently RAF is more often replaced by AB (frontal rush with 6 rl is kinda easier than to get piats in position and to use these gomma bombs or what their name is. So arty doc is standard as brits in teamfights. First defending together with US and when US can gold the line and starting to recover from early game arty bombs the paks and mgs which occured in masses already to allow US to go for counterattacks. Late game priest and AA tanks/achilles. As RE emplacment spam and tankbuster. Maybe a tricky glider drop on pak or so.

learing US. Are you good with micro and fast with your hands? play inf doc and you may will have 60 clicks per min in a game:D (if you play with supposed quantity).

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

CW has Piat which can easily kill mortar HT behind cover ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:CW has Piat which can easily kill mortar HT behind cover ;)

the PE player must be a fool then if he doesnt see AT inf coming and moving his HT.

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Warhawks97 wrote:the PE player must be a fool then if he doesnt see AT inf coming and moving his HT.

Exactly what happens to me :) PIATs seem to be only good as ambush unit, CW has no good AT squads, which is commonly frustrating

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Warhawks97 wrote:
lunarwolf wrote:CW has Piat which can easily kill mortar HT behind cover ;)

the PE player must be a fool then if he doesnt see AT inf coming and moving his HT.

if he has to retreat his mortar HT because of PIAT - it serves the same purpose as killing it and stopping it from mortaring a specific area. giving you time to build a mortar, 27 pounder emplacement if you want ;)

ofc the PIAT seems weak compared to other AT squads, since those are ridiculous. this has been discussed in many threads already. ie they can camp in front of heavy tanks and destroy them frontally. ie I had a recoilless rifle hit an elefant frontally and take down 80% of it's HP which is absurd

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

in most cases Piats go ahead to engage the mortar and often they get killed then or they are exhausted and getting then hit by the mortar which drove back a bit or encountered by grens/grenades/schwimm etc. The time is seldomly enough to build a new mortar and even if so the incendiary round will burn the crew anyway.

Piats have high chance to immobilize but no tread breaker ability and to be honest i consider those not as too weak but the others as too OP with range, accuracy and frontal rush thing. The Piats are the only hendheld AT in game which need to be used wisely, tactical and usually from ambush or with other words they are being used as hendheld AT´s should be used and if done correctly even pretty effective against any armor.