short RAF beta feedback

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: short RAF beta feedback

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

it's not about SAS being strong or weak.. crawl + reinforce shouldn't be a thing either way, for any unit.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

there is a huge difference between a sabotage sqaud which can reinforce via air, or a combat unit that can reionforce via air, that can crawl.

Like seriously, they have limited combat capabilitys.
As i said, i would rather have them beeing a 4 men sqaud than a 5 men sqaud, which even makes them less of a combat unit.

All the reinforce does, is keeping mines in enemy territory, when you SOMEHOW survive an assault by an enemy combat unit.
Like for real, are you all just unable to build a 240MP schwimmwagen to completely anihilate a 400MP sqaud basicly without any resistence?
Nerf Mencius

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

It's not about how effective/strong the SAS are.. or how to counter them, so i am not saying they will be hard to counter if they maintain reinforce + crawl with CP unlock... And i don't mind it anyways.

Though, what i am saying is.. from a technical gameplay perspective, i do think that crawl + reinforce should not be implemented. Or better not to...

Yet, i am fine if they crawl + reinforce (as long as it requires CP) but again, i 'd prefer one of the other solutions suggested previously.. specifically the 1 para, 1 sabotage idea.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I didnt feel it is OP or game breaking in any means. They are just good because you can deploy them via air instead of a boring, clunky building which is detected so easy.
They are just hidden and thats why they can be effective. Its not the reinforce, its more the unsuspected aspect.

Sabotage Sqauds should operate in enemy territory, but unless you are playing a giant map, you detect them while they spwan in the building.

And if you say, You can just drop/spawn them in your territory, no its not that easy to bypass the enemy scout line to enter the enemy are.

When people start useing more scouts or schwimms/motorcycles against RAF i can say, there will be no problem to kill a weak unit that is mostly unsupported in the enemy area.
Nerf Mencius

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Consti255 wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 15:09

Sabotage Sqauds should operate in enemy territory, but unless you are playing a giant map, you detect them while they spwan in the building.
Aren't we supposed to play big maps with less players? In a game against Smith on La Fiere it was really obvious that if SAS squad has space it can pay itself over several times because you cant just wipe it out with crawl+airdrop if you know how to use it (running away if a new para is falling to disperse a squad and then crawling).
If we use SAS we have in beta now on a small map, then it is utter garbage, because players can react to paradrop in any point of a map in a matter of seconds (if drop point isnt covered by aa/mg already) and you better of going glider/airstrike tree. But if you play on a bigger map (like we are supposed too) then this squad can become immortal in right hands and deal damage/mine retreat paths while enemy is microing his units at front.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

The thing with is, players mostly dont like playing bigger maps, sadly.
Still. If the map gets bigger, schwimms get better aswell.
Smith didnt got a single Schwimm that game.
Its the same if people say M4s are OP but dont build any AT or TD.
Nerf Mencius