HMG´s

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

HMG´s

Post by Warhawks97 »

1. Make HMG´s a bit cheaper
- Its just dump that HMG´s currently cost so much. Often times it not even worth it into the late game to build one again. Tanks, vehicles etc are often cheaper and mobile.

2. Remove accurate shooting in exchange and instead HMG´s become what they are designed for: Suppressing enemie infantry formations.
- The accurate shooting thing can be brutally OP and kills the immersion of BK. Often times entire Squads get whiped without getting even pinned. Lately i saw a rifle squad receiving like 4-5 bursts from an HMG42 in accurate mode and not a single guy of them got even suppressed. Instead all died right away. I think when an HMG opens fire on a squad, the sound alone and to see the first men drop would make the rest of the squad hug the ground instantly.

So pls, can we just remove the accurate mode or make it at least less extreme in terms of accuracy and lack of any suppression and instead drop their cost? HMGS have become a vital part in infantry warfare since ww1 and meant to be support weapons. In BK it feels like they are "one time build units" due to their cost.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Frost

Re: HMG´s

Post by Frost »

+1 from my part i would argue that accurate mode should be touched i feel like it's ok if you want to ambush a squad and kill them very fast or pin down mass enemy assault it add bit of different approach to handling infantry but generally you are paying too much to get an mg42 so most of the time you don't field that many in a battle unless you are def doctrine and willing to pay a lot of ammo upkeep :lol: allies mgs cost are fine it's only axis and commandos now that i think of it.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I’m against, MG’s are super annoying and encourage passive gameplay right from the start.

Red

Post by Red »

For me MGs are fine the way they are.
I use the accuracy mode especially against vehicles, often in conjunction with AP. Using suppression fire against vehicles just does not make sense to me.
I would also dispute, that MGs were designed to suppress.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Red wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 17:37
I use the accuracy mode especially against vehicles, often in conjunction with AP. Using suppression fire against vehicles just does not make sense to me.
ofc weapons are meant to kill. But MGS are not meant to snipe individual soldiers.
It also seems odd to me that the soldiers dont throw themselves dont to the ground instantly. Like "MG is firing at us, get down!"... "Ah, sorry, we cant, that MG has no suppression mode activated. Now we have to stay here to get shot one by one."

MG kill even in normal suppression mode. It doesnt need magic bullets that prevent the enemie from getting their heads down.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 24 Sep 2021, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 17:45
Red wrote:
ofc weapons are meant to kill. But MGS are mot meant to snipe individual soldiers.
It also seems odd to me that the soldiers dont throw themselves dont to the ground instantly. Like "MG is firing at US, get down!"... "Ah, sorry, we cant, that MG has no suppression mode activated. No we have to stay here to get shot one by one."

MG kill even in normal suppression mode. It doesnt need magic bullets that prevent the enemie from getting their heads down.
And it is good that it is not that case. It would make flanks with Veted infantry even more risky and anoying.
Axis is in general a campy faction which waits out higher tec tanks.
I am against a cost change as for the same reason as Sukin already said.
Its super anyoing and punishes active gameplay.

Also dont touch the accuarcy mode. I use it almost everytime and its a blessing in urban areas. It is more risky to use that you might get flanked, but its also a high reward which can punish infantry pushes really hard.
Btw, even if MGs are supposed to suppress, did you ever shot a MG on a tripod ? Its like playing a video game when it comes to accuarcy. They had big caliber rounds with a high muzzle velocity and great accuracy when shot in bursts. i shot a MG3 which has basicly the same tripod right now as in WW2. If you wanna be accurate with a MG you absolutely can and it does not even close break the immersion. I know you are a men who studied alot of WW2 things but seriously, i can witness it by myself.

Remember that Bunker meta? It was awful. The game is already campy enough with trenches and MGs/AT sqauds on certain maps.
Also keep in mind that a MG42 is like miles ahead of a M1917 or a vickers.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Consti255 wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 20:59
Warhawks97 wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 17:45
Red wrote:
ofc weapons are meant to kill. But MGS are mot meant to snipe individual soldiers.
It also seems odd to me that the soldiers dont throw themselves dont to the ground instantly. Like "MG is firing at US, get down!"... "Ah, sorry, we cant, that MG has no suppression mode activated. No we have to stay here to get shot one by one."

And it is good that it is not that case. It would make flanks with Veted infantry even more risky and anoying.
Axis is in general a campy faction which waits out higher tec tanks.
I am against a cost change as for the same reason as Sukin already said.
Its super anyoing and punishes active gameplay.

Also dont touch the accuarcy mode. I use it almost everytime and its a blessing in urban areas. It is more risky to use that you might get flanked, but its also a high reward which can punish infantry pushes really hard.
Btw, even if MGs are supposed to suppress, did you ever shot a MG on a tripod ? Its like playing a video game when it comes to accuarcy. They had big caliber rounds with a high muzzle velocity and great accuracy when shot in bursts. i shot a MG3 which has basicly the same tripod right now as in WW2. If you wanna be accurate with a MG you absolutely can and it does not even close break the immersion. I know you are a men who studied alot of WW2 things but seriously, i can witness it by myself.

Remember that Bunker meta? It was awful. The game is already campy enough with trenches and MGs/AT sqauds on certain maps.
Also keep in mind that a MG42 is like miles ahead of a M1917 or a vickers.

The HMG´s are pretty accurate even in suppression mode. More accurate than the M1 Garand for example. And with this argument the coax MG´s from tanks would be the most accurate MGs with gunsight magnification etc... but anyways.

It seems that most people prefer to pay more for an HMG than for a vehicle. I get it. And they prefer to have magic anti suppression bullets that deny the enemie from throwing themselves down the ground. If you ambush a squad and let it come closer, even the basic mode kills the squad. I never really used the accurate mode so far. I find that a bit unfair and hilarious. barely anyone uses HMG´s in suppression mode anymore. I noticed that already.

In the past the HMG42 had 25% accuracy boost against suppressed inf. It shred any infantry in mere seconds. It got removed for a reason. Now infantry doesnt even get suppressed, it dies outright.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I would just reduce the MG42 to 300 mp and the alllied MG to 250mp.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MG spam incomeing.
Its anoying playing against static player
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Let me tell you something what i told others in discord already.

The current HMG42 has a higher accuracy than a Garand. Less bullet damage but fires 25 in a second for the accuracy of a Garand (even better). No joke here. The so called "accurate mode" doubles this accuracy being as accurate than a G43. But also their suppression is almost removed. Its lowered by 90%. If you have a so called accurate mode it would be ok for me to boost the accuracy by 50% while shortening the bursts by a bit (currently 20% shorter). But removing suppression is garbage since this is alone up to the targed squad what ammount of fire they want to take before going to the ground. But this "magic anti suppression bullets" is just bullshit.

Ambush also already boost accuracy by 50% and damage. So these things are literally sniper weapons that never suppress anything. I feel like i am playing Dawn of War I where things like suppression didnt exist and heavy bolters only dealed damage.