Some minor tweaks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Redgaarden

Some minor tweaks

Post by Redgaarden »

Haven't had a balancing suggestion in quite some time. And here I would like to propose some minor changes.

1: Due to sniper's latest Buff/nerf of making them cost 300 mp there is really no reason to get an expensive 320mp mg. I would propose to make mg42 cheaper to 290 to make them a little more viable. And to make them cheaper than emplacements. There is currently very little incentive to get a mg42 when you can make either a sniper or emplacement.

2: This one I have been complaining about for some time. Lower Sniper hit points to 100 or something so they dont work as walking minesweepers and so flanking squads get a better chance to kill the sniper when it retreats from point blank range. This is mostly problems with squads that have low dps like volksgrenadiers.

3:Talking about walking minesweepers. PE doesn't have one! and I'm not sure field craft which in it's description says; panzer grenadiers will be able to detect mines when they are standstill. But I dont know if this thing works. My solution would be either make Field craft upgrade work or make kettenkrads natural minesweepers or add a minesweeper to PG.
It's fun playing as brits vs PE to spam a shiton of mines since PE can't get any minesweeper.

4:There is no 4th. But I will probably write something if I can come up with something.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Consti255

Re: Some minor tweaks

Post by Consti255 »

Kettens work as sweapers iirc. Mencius used it against me.
Nerf Mencius

Frost

Post by Frost »

Redgaarden wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 16:02
Haven't had a balancing suggestion in quite some time. And here I would like to propose some minor changes.

1: Due to sniper's latest Buff/nerf of making them cost 300 mp there is really no reason to get an expensive 320mp mg. I would propose to make mg42 cheaper to 290 to make them a little more viable. And to make them cheaper than emplacements. There is currently very little incentive to get a mg42 when you can make either a sniper or emplacement.

2: This one I have been complaining about for some time. Lower Sniper hit points to 100 or something so they dont work as walking minesweepers and so flanking squads get a better chance to kill the sniper when it retreats from point blank range. This is mostly problems with squads that have low dps like volksgrenadiers.

3:Talking about walking minesweepers. PE doesn't have one! and I'm not sure field craft which in it's description says; panzer grenadiers will be able to detect mines when they are standstill. But I dont know if this thing works. My solution would be either make Field craft upgrade work or make kettenkrads natural minesweepers or add a minesweeper to PG.
It's fun playing as brits vs PE to spam a shiton of mines since PE can't get any minesweeper.

4:There is no 4th. But I will probably write something if I can come up with something.
4- Panzer grenadiers ability to build sandbags as SE doctrine, Dunno do you suddenly run out of bags or is it sand shortage?

5- AT rifle squad of BK need lower recruitment time..... they take really long to get out so i tend to skip them for at gun most of the time

6- at rifle boys some accuracy issues i swear to god everytime i get them in suitable position and in sniper mode ...... they miss a lot and i mean a lot one game i let them shoot something for 1 min the guy was dancing around and boys barely landing enough shots before dying or being forced to retreat.

i feel like snipers are ok they are limited to 1 anyway as for minesweepers consti is right and mp of german mg was an issue for such a long time and on top of that ammo upkeep it's no wonder cubans always build emplacements it's a really amazing in terms of performance.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

7 - make one thread for each suggestion

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Frost wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 10:20

5- AT rifle squad of BK need lower recruitment time..... they take really long to get out so i tend to skip them for at gun most of the time

6- at rifle boys some accuracy issues i swear to god everytime i get them in suitable position and in sniper mode ...... they miss a lot and i mean a lot one game i let them shoot something for 1 min the guy was dancing around and boys barely landing enough shots before dying or being forced to retreat.
5- If their build time gets reduced we will return to the times when no one built any vehicles as allies because at rifles deny all vehicle plays.
6- same as 5: boys become reliable if you use them with LT. buffing their accuracy will make them too strong against vehicles, sniping every AC or APC on any range with 2 shots with lt buff

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Kettens work as sweapers iirc. Mencius used it against me.
I know light vehicles are good minesweepers since they dont take any real damage from mines.
But maybe if ketten could spot the mines? Do you have to be immobile for them to spot or do they always spot?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Frost

Post by Frost »

tarakancheg wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 13:19
Frost wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 10:20

5- If their build time gets reduced we will return to the times when no one built any vehicles as allies because at rifles deny all vehicle plays.
6- same as 5: boys become reliable if you use them with LT. buffing their accuracy will make them too strong against vehicles, sniping every AC or APC on any range with 2 shots with lt buff
you don't have much of a choice against axis because your delimar absolutely sucks and have no way to counter 28mm and barely hits scout cars or the like i've used at rifle with lit in my last game and the guy got shot once went out of range and just murdered my section on the side because of the map and when i moved my at infantry he just killed them because i stopped snipe mod and missed idk about you but i find that to be just meh they should have the mobility but not everything at once.

As for axis at Infantry well if jeep kept moving you are very likely to miss and not to mention you gonna most likely be fighting jeep from full range and 50.cal have good chance to murder you before you can close in also 28mm have good chance to be flanked, i still play against decent players who even with my at infantry would just go to other side and score a lot of kills with their jeep not like your area of denial is that huge with at infantry.... the change will just make your start less miserable against 50.cal jeeps especially that your waggen is absolute garbage against jeeps in general and not to mention vs 50 it instantly die from full range lol.

in fact if anything they changed at rifle infantry to be merciful to jeeps but made their production time very high lmao which make me really confused.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

You don't have much of a choice against axis because your delimar absolutely sucks and have no way to counter 28mm and barely hits scout cars or the like i've used at rifle with lit in my last game and the guy got shot once went out of range and just murdered my section on the side because of the map and when i moved my at infantry he just killed them because i stopped snipe mod and missed idk about you but i find that to be just meh they should have the mobility but not everything at once.
6 pounder does the job quite well, 2 boys can cover "other side" on their own.
As for axis at Infantry well if jeep kept moving you are very likely to miss and not to mention you gonna most likely be fighting jeep from full range and 50.cal have good chance to murder you before you can close in also 28mm have good chance to be flanked, i still play against decent players who even with my at infantry would just go to other side and score a lot of kills with their jeep not like your area of denial is that huge with at infantry.... the change will just make your start less miserable against 50.cal jeeps especially that your waggen is absolute garbage against jeeps in general and not to mention vs 50 it instantly die from full range lol.

in fact if anything they changed at rifle infantry to be merciful to jeeps but made their production time very high lmao which make me really confused.
AT rifles are not meant to chase light vehicles to kill them, you use them to cover your flanks where you may not have proper at gun so 1 jeep couldnt just kill all your inf by flanking your at gun (which can reliably kill any jeep from camo).