Add information about standard/high res in loading tips

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
rappatix

Add information about standard/high res in loading tips

Post by rappatix »

Hi again. I am very tired (and angry) of people (southern/eastern europeans) who does not understand that high res is the way to play the game. They usually come with the argument that standard res is more balanced whereafter I come with the argument that standard only makes the game into a guessing game of rock, paper, scissor. Hereafter, people just stop responding, if they even responded from the first place. I therefore suggest that the devs of this wonderful game add information regarding the use of standard/high res in the loading tips. Something like "standard res = big gay and high res = most balanced game ever made" should suffice to make even the most analphabetic european understand the message as well as getting the message out there since many players don't read the forum and don't hang out on the discord server where this kind of information gets spread around.

Jokes aside, you understand what I mean, please comment on this below.

Warhawks97

Re: Add information about standard/high res in loading tips

Post by Warhawks97 »

I always prefer standard res. Its easier to make a comeback since even after you lost the early engagment, you are not instantly locked down to your base while getting tank-rolled and bombed by heavy arty within 8 mins into the game.

High res to me is a big gay massive spam... brainless. Like literally i just click in the buildings to recruit what i can possibly recruit to get as many man on the field as possible. HR can be named into "instant spam mode. Now available for those who dont want to think."

The Dingo is the only thing that can make standard res pretty broken.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Low res is a guessing game VS CW and PE because of the Dingo or PE clown cars circus. So if you do the wrong units or place your AT in the wrong place you are pretty much done.
For example, playing vs CW early dingo (pray for your AT is in the right place as Wherma or you will lose the important early game position, even the dingo can stand one shoot of your 37mm AT some times)
As Allies, if you go for 2 AT to counter PE clown cars circus and PE when for infantry you are done. If you go for infantry and PE for clown car circus you are done.
That is why I prefer high res over low res.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Thing is this can happen. Had a 1 vs 1 recently vs this dingo shit on a shit map. But still i held out till tanks. Both PE and CW have that early pressure with their clown car, but US and WH can make a comeback due to cheaper units. So keep a smaller part of the map while PE/CW overextend their lines while mounting pressure once your jeeps/AT guns and cheaper inf rolls out to press the territories. And every loss for CW/PE in SR games hurts a lot. I have made more comebacks on SR games as i did in HR games vs PE when they won the early stages. PE in HR instantly has inf with LMG42, Scout car pinning your troops and several AT vehicles and krads. I even prefer HR games as PE knowing that i have a huge pool of units coming out of three buildings and losses being acceptable unlike in SR games.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 00:45
Thing is this can happen. Had a 1 vs 1 recently vs this dingo shit on a shit map. But still i held out till tanks. Both PE and CW have that early pressure with their clown car, but US and WH can make a comeback due to cheaper units. So keep a smaller part of the map while PE/CW overextend their lines while mounting pressure once your jeeps/AT guns and cheaper inf rolls out to press the territories. And every loss for CW/PE in SR games hurts a lot. I have made more comebacks on SR games as i did in HR games vs PE when they won the early stages. PE in HR instantly has inf with LMG42, Scout car pinning your troops and several AT vehicles and krads. I even prefer HR games as PE knowing that i have a huge pool of units coming out of three buildings and losses being acceptable unlike in SR games.
When you have an advantage in low res as CW and PE in the early game due to your "unstoppable" clown car circus and know how to manage it, you should win the game. That extra mp fuel and ammunition at the beginning can decide a game especially in a 1x1 small map."Gay tactics".

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 01:28
Warhawks97 wrote:
When you have an advantage in low res as CW and PE in the early game due to your "unstoppable" clown car circus and know how to manage it, you should win the game. That extra mp fuel and ammunition at the beginning can decide a game especially in a 1x1 small map."Gay tactics".

And in HR games the cars still exist. As answer you may have jeeps but PE can still lock you down pretty fast. Three buildings that bump out units. Scout car, 28 mm, 37 mm, HMG42, heavy assault grens etc.... go for logistic upgrade asap, get 75 m Puma, 20 mm car and off map mortar strike. Playing vs PE in SR games a US may be hard, but in HR games its just dump to play vs PE that isnt willing to play full aggressive risk.

rappatix

Post by rappatix »

I think the devs have been balancing the game around high res and not standard res. And I wanted this post to be a discussion about putting this information in the form of a loading tip so people know the game should be played in high res for optimal balance.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 01:36
MEFISTO wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 01:28
Warhawks97 wrote:

And in HR games the cars still exist. As answer you may have jeeps but PE can still lock you down pretty fast. Three buildings that bump out units. Scout car, 28 mm, 37 mm, HMG42, heavy assault grens etc.... go for logistic upgrade asap, get 75 m Puma, 20 mm car and off map mortar strike. Playing vs PE in SR games a US may be hard, but in HR games its just dump to play vs PE that isnt willing to play full aggressive risk.
vs PE yuo can use RM granade louncher,50mm jeep or zooka 37mm AT, low res you can't even have granade loucher.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Just rename
"Standard Resources" -> "Low Resources"
and
"High Resources" -> "Standard Resources".

Done?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

What Rappatix and Mefisto says is true. As of now, the recommended settings to play BK mod is to set it to high resources rather than standard resources. Most balance considerations have assumed that setting.

As much as we would like to change name of the resource modes, we are having trouble finding the UCS file to do so. So for now, we will consider adding it as a tool tip.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Diablo wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 06:31
Just rename
"Standard Resources" -> "Low Resources"
and
"High Resources" -> "Standard Resources".

Done?
This has proved to be harder than expected. We would need to find the file where the resource types have the texts assigned, which I haven't been able to do so far (I even tried asking other people with way more modding experience than I have and none of them knows or remembers how to do it), or we would have to change the vCoH text file which we don't wanna do because it would affect the texts even in other mods and vanilla game.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Just keep it as it is. I am always happy to play a standard ressource game over the nasty instant spam mode games. I dont even join games sometimes when i know its going to be the standard HR "spam the shit out of the game" mod is. I prefer slower and more carefull buildups. WH is in my opinion extremley crazy in HR games. You can get 1-2 Pak 36 with HE spam, schwimmwagen and Halftrack with MG34 for just 15 ammo and a ton of infantry. So technically you are pretty save from flanking attacks as well as having a pretty solid AT gun wall and reinforcment of units near the halftrack,

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:23
Just keep it as it is. I am always happy to play a standard ressource game over the nasty instant spam mode games. I dont even join games sometimes when i know its going to be the standard HR "spam the shit out of the game" mod is. I prefer slower and more carefull buildups. WH is in my opinion extremley crazy in HR games. You can get 1-2 Pak 36 with HE spam, schwimmwagen and Halftrack with MG34 for just 15 ammo and a ton of infantry. So technically you are pretty save from flanking attacks as well as having a pretty solid AT gun wall and reinforcment of units near the halftrack,
I would be agree with you because I also like low res, the way you have to manage those low res.
The problem with it is when you are facing a PE or CW dingo. That is why high res make the game more balance, because you have the resources to counter that clown 🤡 car circus.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

The thing about PE is, that normally it takes way more time to field a scout car than a dingo.
Dingos should be behind the leutanant for sure.
Also US and CW got better counters against scout cars with AT rifles and heat rifles .Than WH and PE against the dingo. It also should be oneshoted by a 37mm pak.
Nerf Mencius