Frontal rushes into tanks issue!

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
JimQwilleran

Re: Frontal rushes into tanks issue!

Post by JimQwilleran »

Leaving above all that shit said by u a side

Well, thanks... It seems that all I say is shit and all you say is a truth revealed. Very nice of you.

In my opinion, if you think that there is an issue with frontal rushes then the best idea is to buff hull mg both with suppression and damage. It will help stopping rushing without harming flanking ability of AT inf.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

stop act like kids... booth of you :P Or i gonna give booth of you come choclate :D

Well..... Personally i never liked this tread breaker ability. There is a default chance already and maybe that chance could raise up the closer the tank is for example. But just because its a paid ability and thus destroying the engine with frontal hit which didnt deal any damage even is crap and that the weapon turns int semi auto weapon is also crap. But i also hate this "pin tanks with bren lmg" stuff and other silly unrealistic abilities which came and remain from vcoh (funnily AT squad tread breaker stuff is only in BK).

Frontal rushing tanks are crap and a mix of slight suppression + slightly more damage increase and slightly less hendheld AT weapon range wouldnt make inf helpless and pointless but also would do this silly frontal rushing tanks and vehicle stuff a lot harder and would force players to use hendheld AT´s more smart and tactical instead just activating sprint and hunting tanks. Also AB AT is now based in Hellcat and several RL´s in one or many squads and not on tread breaker ability. A veted blob that can engage a tiger from several sides would still keep a tactical usefull option for AB doc against single tigers. Also sticky.... they are effective usually when used in masses but each activation cost 25 ammo. Thats hell much when you see AT nades that one hit kill vehicles and two hit kill tanks and which cost just 20 per use. Very cheap masses of sticky could also be more usefull and deadly.

This flank speed for tiger is a weird thing. I would rather see S mines for tigers with smoke launcher (aces and early version). Aces have S mines but normal have flank speed... very weird. And this tigerphobia is also a pretty weird thing which often ensures save escape as all enemie units suddenly stop moving even when tiger is on low HP with broken main gun:D
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hey Hawks, I am not acting like a kid.. that was firstly!

Secondly... The tread breaker ability may be then necessary if this idea is probably achieved in some ways!

Thirdly... "+Slightly more damage increase" hoho, noway!! All single handled AT weapons already do decent damage on most cases. Plus that I am always trying to avoid getting into changing values... That's what a lot of u is actually unable to realize as it sadly seems to be!

The Tiger's flank speed ability requires both ammo and veterancy. We didn't increase the Tiger's price to later also nerf it! It's a unit from the 'iconic' category.. and I do honestly have to say that the Tiger without its current abilities would be literally useless. As that from the Allies side they do already have a lot of counters to it!!! But well, if there is something that should be done probably to the Tiger then I would suggest for the Tigerphobia ability to cost 50 ammo.. since it's a part of the propaganda war maybe! While for the accurate long shot ability to become for free but with a slightly more recharging time!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hey Hawks, I am not acting like a kid.. that was firstly!

Secondly... The tread breaker ability may be then necessary if this idea is probably achieved in some ways!

Thirdly... "+Slightly more damage increase" hoho, noway!! All single handled AT weapons already do decent damage on most cases. Plus that I am always trying to avoid getting into changing values... That's what a lot of u is actually unable to realize as it sadly seems to be!

The Tiger's flank speed ability requires both ammo and veterancy. We didn't increase the Tiger's price to later also nerf it! It's a unit from the 'iconic' category.. and I do honestly have to say that the Tiger without its current abilities would be literally useless. As that from the Allies side they do already have a lot of counters to it!!! But well, if there is something that should be done probably to the Tiger then I would suggest for the Tigerphobia ability to cost 50 ammo.. since it's a part of the propaganda war maybe! While for the accurate long shot ability to become for free but with a slightly more recharging time!!

haha. Take it easy^^. "Slightly imore damage increase" I meant the coaxial MG´s with that, not the Hendheld AT weapon ;)

I just said its weird. Also why has ace no flank speed (where i could expect better driver skills which enables them to use tigers engine more usefull) and instead S-mines while basic has flank speed instead S mines.

Tigerphobia should act different.

Long shot ability is probably one of the most dangerous tank abilties. Even if realistic to have no ammo cost consider pls that a single smoke screen cost 50 ammo already. Also that way grenades for inf would be also for free as they can be considered as basic equipment but its for gameplay. Making one of the most deadliest unit abilites for free is a crazy demand oO. I mean even a usless single HE shot cost 25-35 ammo.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Flank speed on tigers is same bullshit as would be accurate long shot on 75mm stubby sherman/pz4. Both for realism where tiger and quick flanking (really?) and balance where speed in general and flanking speed is a payoff for no armor (hellcats, achilles', cromwells..).

Also tigerphobia is utter bullshit and doesn't fit in BK concept at all in my opinion, and if we speak of balance it's pretty unfair that it is free.

I think nice tweak for AT handheld would be lowering accuracy (seriously they are guided missile right now) and adding at least some little aim time.

Btw is it only me or when you have units with many zooks like inf doc at squads 3 zooks it tends to miss much more, rarely hitting all 3?
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Devilfish wrote:Flank speed on tigers is same bullshit as would be accurate long shot on 75mm stubby sherman/pz4. Both for realism where tiger and quick flanking (really?) and balance where speed in general and flanking speed is a payoff for no armor (hellcats, achilles', cromwells..).

Also tigerphobia is utter bullshit and doesn't fit in BK concept at all in my opinion, and if we speak of balance it's pretty unfair that it is free.

I think nice tweak for AT handheld would be lowering accuracy (seriously they are guided missile right now) and adding at least some little aim time.

Btw is it only me or when you have units with many zooks like inf doc at squads 3 zooks it tends to miss much more, rarely hitting all 3?

You know my opinion on that already. For Tiger S mines would make kinda more sense than flankspeed. A 70 ton Tank makes flank speed. Tigerphobia is weird and should cost something or simply work different (e.g not possible when tiger has any crit damage or when an enemie tank is in flank speed).

And zooks fail rate is like 50%. US AT squad rarley hits with all zooks. It happens but not really often. Idk why. Actually its more realistic.

Krieger Blitzer

Both the Tigerphobia and the flank speed abilities currently can't be activated btw if the Tiger is immobilized, damaged engine or when gun is destroyed! While u will probably have to keep in mind that if the flank speed ability for example is activated just before the engine to be damaged.. the ability will be still in use and will not be deactivated due to that recent critical hit. However that it will be surely slower yet...

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

I don't know but for god's sake, something should be done!

I just played a game where I had 2 firefly with tracks in static mode, vet 1 and vet 2 and a vickers behind. An AT squad managed to come frontally, calmly destroy one tank, destroy the other thank and retreat with 1 man left! WTF!!

Then I built another firefly and for one minute a stormtrooper squad was there, in front of the tank and the Vikers. He retreated with 2 losses...
Last edited by Kasbah on 18 Apr 2015, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

As I said, I think that hull mgs should be heavily buffed. This will surely help!

Krieger Blitzer

As I said.. I already believe it's mainly because of the high numbers of handled AT weapons allowed currently to be equipped per each squad... I mean that 2 Schrecks are for example 'usually' enough to kill a Sherman which means a single lucky AT team to hit and then just run. Handled AT weapons in Bk are definitely a deadly weapon unlike in vCoH... So a unit with 2 Schrecks or another with 3 freaky M6A3C Zookas or else having 6 Recoilless rifles, is a stupidity for sure!

Here is an example!
This is a game I recently had as Axis.. and I think the best possible titles for this game would be one of 2 things!! "Sweeping enemy base using arty by Allies!" or "Crappy frontal rushes against Axis heavies and Stuhs!!!" Wh Blitz and Wh Terror vs US Inf and CW Arty docs.

Hey... Srsly now! How many grenades does both of those Brits and specifically the US 107mm mortar pits need in order to be totally erased finally??!! 3 heavy Storm grenades each costing 50 ammo???!!! A joke???
Attachments
temp.rec
Just copy the file to ur 'C:Users\"username"\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback' and then u r good to go!
Bk mod v4.88 playback file.
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 41 times