Medic Station Rifleman Reform Toggle

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
speeddemon02

Medic Station Rifleman Reform Toggle

Post by speeddemon02 »

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a toggle for the medic stations to turn the auto rifle squads on and off?

To add to that, would it possible to turn store X number of bodies and then be allowed to spawn different groups of infantry like MG squad, AT squad, etc, but with munition costs or whatever. It could add a new strategy.

Warhawks97

Re: Medic Station Rifleman Reform Toggle

Post by Warhawks97 »

speeddemon02 wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to add a toggle for the medic stations to turn the auto rifle squads on and off?

To add to that, would it possible to turn store X number of bodies and then be allowed to spawn different groups of infantry like MG squad, AT squad, etc, but with munition costs or whatever. It could add a new strategy.

not a bad idea but i think the possibilites are limited. What bugs me most are the cost of 300 mp.... Ok it heals and collect soliders but placed at front to collect wounded its destroyed before 6 men has been collected and then 300 mp gone and at best received an inf squad worse 240 mp. When being build at retreat point or base its really hilarious to pay 300 mp (esspecially early-mid stage). 200 mp would be fairly eough i think (WE pays 180/10).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Warhawks97 wrote:

not a bad idea but i think the possibilites are limited. What bugs me most are the cost of 300 mp.... Ok it heals and collect soliders but placed at front to collect wounded its destroyed before 6 men has been collected and then 300 mp gone and at best received an inf squad worse 240 mp. When being build at retreat point or base its really hilarious to pay 300 mp (esspecially early-mid stage). 200 mp would be fairly eough i think (WE pays 180/10).

Agreed. I think that especially in the early game 300 MP is a huge cost and can deny you a full combat unit (M16 quad cannon, ranger, AT gun etc etc), especially in a faction which already has huge MP issues in the early game (only gets on par with Axis after 2nd supply yard upgrade, already 300MP and 50 fuel down the bank...).
Brits have the same problem, I never buy casualty clearing center, always ambulance truck because its so much cheaper and has added bonus of being mobile and acts as reinforce point. Same goes with US infantry doctrine ambulance van, far cheaper and acts as reinforce point. Even as airborne I never build triage, I would rather wait until Airborne command squad to get free healing. As armour there is no point ever building as you should be using mostly tanks and vehicles, and 300MP can buy you another sherman...

Putting US and Brit cost down to same as Wehr would be good, 180MP 10fuel, I think is a good price. Also add it to PE faction instead of base healing as well, I think that base healing is pretty weak and slow, plus there is no way to get new squads as PE (although maybe giving PE free 360MP panzer grenadiers is too powerful, they are probably too strong to allow free squads when Wehr and US get shitty rifles or volk 240 and 265MP respectively).

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@Speed;
I guess u can just kill ur own medic soldiers then deploy no more ones! ^^

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

I don't think you should get rangers, grenadiers, mg, mortar etc... for losing engineers, volks or rifelemen. this will lead to exploits, it's fine as is.

maybe instead just increase the triage HP vs small arms fire. not sure if it is possible to have "hold spawn" option but am ok with that idea

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

this hold spawn thing and different unit reminds me on dawn of war I. This necron unit which collects necron bodies when and when being filled there are 3 possible units that can be spawnd:D

I like the idea of "hold spawn" so that the unit spawns when players need them and a price increase of the triage centers would be good.

@Xylis: US need first supply yard upgrade to get on pair with WE upkeep. In vcoh its more that the supply yard itself bring them on pair with axis and the two upgrades and advantage.

Wolf once removed some upkeep reduction bonuses from second upgrade and "added" this reduction to the units itself from right the beginning. My opinion on that is that the supply yard should have rather been an independent building which can be build at any time the players wants it. The supply yard itself would bring the units on pair with WE units and the two upgrades an advantage. Certain units like sniper and reccon would have got a lower default upkeep as their upkeep is still as high after booth supply yard upgrades as axis one for sniper and reccons.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I was thinking along the lines if a hold mode was put in, that the medics would go out and collect and they would be stored with a max total of lets say 18, but that could be adjusted. You could then select riflemen squad and get it for free maybe some manpower since they are being built when you want them and the total body count would decrease that many so 18 to 12. If you wanted a MG squad only 3 would be deducted, but would require munitions and again some manpower. I guess I was thinking it could be a forward barracks types that had limited options one what could be built that also had additional costs, but nothing compared to the original ones from the barracks.

At the very least the toggle ability would help with those forced recon missions.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

don't agree they should store 3 squads. they should store just one squad max

the idea of being able to select the type of unit spawned may be interesting but I don't think it's fair. for instance a rifleman squad for inf doc cost 175mp w/ CP reduction, u can recycle cheap units for more powerful expensive units at bargain rates. this is a huge exploit and unbalanced, not to mention the fact that they spawn instantly whereas in barracks they take time to produce. ie lose 6 riflemen (not necessarily a squad if u reinforce) then instantly produce a MG + mortar team for 100mp and 50 munitions.

FYI pretty sure pop cap for HMG and mortars is 6 even though they are 3 men crews