Request a Change for the AT from HQ

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sparrow

Request a Change for the AT from HQ

Post by Sparrow »

Hi friends. I opened this thread because I think is time to change the special shot of the allies and axis AT from the HQ (the 37mm AT). If you goes axis and deploy this AT, you could kill an entire squad with its HE shot, on the other hand, if you goes allies your AT has a unique shot at short range to kill nearly 3 of 6 members of the enemy squad...so, the odds are against allies in this point. With this little AT of the axis you are able to destroy MG emplacements, and you have a cooldown for that...its not a single shot.

How many versions do we have to keep playing like this...Im sure im not the first one complaining about this...but I will follow the right path to post my opinion here, so the others leave their thoughts about this.

Greetings fellows blitzkriegers
Last edited by Sparrow on 17 Apr 2021, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

CGarr

Re: Request a Change for the AT from HQ

Post by CGarr »

If you are suggesting to change the HE on the Axis 37mm AT gun, I agree. It's HE is obnoxious, and lets you easily kill allied 37mm AT or MG's early on. It's presence alone is why I never open with MG's or AT guns as US, units with better mobility are a must-have against early axis.

HE on the pak38 50mm gun wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying since that thing has a long pack up time and is thus still vulnerable to flanking, the 37mm isn't. Similarly, the canister would be way less annoying if if it was on the 57mm rather than the 37mm.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I don't think it's as much of a problem as you guys make it out to be.

Removing those abilities would make both AT units almost obsolete after the first few minutes of the game. Every now and then HE/Cannister rapes a squad of mine and I just charge it to the game.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Walderschmidt wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 02:52
I don't think it's as much of a problem as you guys make it out to be.

Removing those abilities would make both AT units almost obsolete after the first few minutes of the game. Every now and then HE/Cannister rapes a squad of mine and I just charge it to the game.

Wald
It's not a problem as in the units are OP, its just super annoying to play against people that spam them. Not pressed on the issue either way, but I would support a change to it. The Axis 37mm could at least have it's HE range lowered a bit, i see people using it to clear allied AT or MG's all the time.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I think those abilities are fine. If they are gone, why would you ever build an AT gun at the start, just as a counter to dingo/scout car?

People keep trying to charge those guns with their infantry frontally and then complain about getting HE/Cannister in the face....

@CGarr

The german 37mm can take out a garrisoned MG, due to the range reduction the squad has inside of the building (why though?). Attacking an MG which is deployed in the field will result in the death of an AT gun, usually 2 crew members will get killed before making the first HE shot.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I think the issue is just how the two abilities compare to each other.
Making the axis 37mm HE a single shot ability instead of timed would remedy the problem.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Diablo wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 07:38
I think the issue is just how the two abilities compare to each other.
Making the axis 37mm HE a single shot ability instead of timed would remedy the problem.
That would just make it so that cannister shot can wipe units whereas the 37mm would not. The gun already has to reset when it shoots HE rounds. Making it shoot only one round would be akin to taking away the ability.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 06:03
I think those abilities are fine. If they are gone, why would you ever build an AT gun at the start, just as a counter to dingo/scout car?

People keep trying to charge those guns with their infantry frontally and then complain about getting HE/Cannister in the face....

@CGarr

The german 37mm can take out a garrisoned MG, due to the range reduction the squad has inside of the building (why though?). Attacking an MG which is deployed in the field will result in the death of an AT gun, usually 2 crew members will get killed before making the first HE shot.

When pushing it in first yes, but i had success by drawing attention of the MG to one of my inf squad, then pushing the AT gun up, load HE while an HT stays behind to reinforce losses. The enemie AT gun focused my AT gun first, which i then answered with HE. HMG´s got blasted shortly after.
So i did use the AT gun quite often like an early Assault gun, sometimes building even two of them.

But i wouldnt want to remove the ability. I like that early AT guns can also be used to counter mass-inf deployment. Thats also a strategy i saw in HR games. If you have an AT gun (bc you expected vehicles) with no counter to inf you get screwed sometimes.

The HE does give axis a more offensive tool that canister gives for allis, but i also dont know how to fix it properly unless you remove all anti inf capabiltiy from axis AT gun.

Generally, i think that axis have it easier to get halftracks right away gives them an ability to play with weapon crews more risky since you can back them up with HT´s that also have an MG right away and reinforce them mid combat.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I just think the allied canister shot is underwhelming, while the axis timed HE is a bit on the strong side.

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

Honestly I just had a game where HE paks took out out the garrisoned MG. I think a range reduction on the HE shells would balance this out a bit.
The gun already has to reset when it shoots HE rounds. Making it shoot only one round would be akin to taking away the ability.
that's basically what the canister round is right now... pretty much never had any success with it because it has to reset.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

berse2212 wrote:
05 May 2021, 18:12
Honestly I just had a game where HE paks took out out the garrisoned MG. I think a range reduction on the HE shells would balance this out a bit.
The gun already has to reset when it shoots HE rounds. Making it shoot only one round would be akin to taking away the ability.
that's basically what the canister round is right now... pretty much never had any success with it because it has to reset.
that was our match. Your MG was firing at grens in the other house. So we moved our AT guns up and blasted HE´s into the building with two paks. Quite effective.

The range is already down to 60. But it wont change so much since the MG just needs to be distracted. I was so close, that even with range reduction we would be able to blast you, esspecially when two paks coming to blast you.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Hands down. Axis one is so much better.
I dont want them to loose anti Inf capabilitys, but right now the axis is way superior.
I think a time reduction of the HE usage of the axis one could solve the problem.
Which makes the pak 36 only shoot max 3 rounds.

After call a cannister shot could replace the HE aswell so bot AT guns are on the same level.
Nerf Mencius

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Or make the US canister shot a timed ability lmao

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I think one major issue with all single shot abilities is that they can fail. So timed or permanent abilties deliver usually better results because one shot might fail, but the other two or three shots will not fail and the ability will pay off. And the same is true for canister shot. Sometimes it kills just one dude, sometimes it kills an entire squad. But in any way, you cant use it again and have to wait for the cooldown.

H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher »

Diablo wrote:
07 May 2021, 11:32
Or make the US canister shot a timed ability lmao
fucking hilarious. imagine it against propaganda doctrine.

more deaths as prop=you're doing it right. Steal it and then you get a big s h o t g u n. 8-)

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
05 May 2021, 18:15
berse2212 wrote:
05 May 2021, 18:12
that was our match. Your MG was firing at grens in the other house. So we moved our AT guns up and blasted HE´s into the building with two paks. Quite effective.

The range is already down to 60. But it wont change so much since the MG just needs to be distracted. I was so close, that even with range reduction we would be able to blast you, esspecially when two paks coming to blast you.
Yes you right it was our game. You were out of range of our infantry (if I recall it correctly) to be effective in any way. Range of 45 would be better in my opinion.

Anyways as others stated US pak is simply much worse while it is basically the same unit. I think the US one should just get HE ammo as well and the problem is solved. I honestly don't see any reasons against it.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So I don't get it. You guys want them both timed shots, both single shots, both have no anti inf capabilities? Maybe make a poll?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

kwok wrote:
14 May 2021, 19:18
So I don't get it. You guys want them both timed shots, both single shots, both have no anti inf capabilities? Maybe make a poll?
A solution could be, reduce axis AT shot to 3, reduce allies AT shut could down and reduce it shot price so they can still be diferente and useful.