Proposition about linking polls in discord to increase interest for this forum

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Do you agree or not?? Yes or no.

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2021, 12:49

Yes.
100%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 9

rappatix

Proposition about linking polls in discord to increase interest for this forum

Post by rappatix »

I think the description says it all but I will state it here again... :P This is a proposal about increasing the interest for this forum by posting links in discord to polls in this forum. Maybe the discord admins could create a room in the discord server that people can link polls in, or even better, that does this automatically. Idk, it's just an idea. Come with your own ideas regarding this if you have any. :P I think many of us don't answer the polls because we don't know when or where they are happening. I am one of these people, I don't check the forum every day and I really suck at navigating the forum, I don't know how others do it but I certainly suck at it.

Diablo

Re: Proposition about linking polls in discord to increase interest for this forum

Post by Diablo »

I just click on that quick search option "new posts" and sort out from there..

Walderschmidt

Re: Proposition about linking polls in discord to increase interest for this forum

Post by Walderschmidt »

i agree
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I mean we do kind of do this already. Whenever devs make a poll post we post it on discord and steam group chat. Even patch notes we put announcements on discord. Additionally I know players who make their own posts and want to generate some form of attention to their own post will put a link on discord too.

I don't know what the suggestion is here when we do that already when we can? We don't have an "automatic" way of doing it but I wouldn't know how.

I don't think it would be wise to automatically post player created posts though because it could get spammy and not all posts by players would be representative of the dev opinion. We don't want to give the impression that a particular post is something that's in the minds of devs, especially since there's a possibility of a troll taking advantage of such feature and use it for malicious reasons.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

kwok wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 05:38
I mean we do kind of do this already. Whenever devs make a poll post we post it on discord and steam group chat. Even patch notes we put announcements on discord. Additionally I know players who make their own posts and want to generate some form of attention to their own post will put a link on discord too.

I don't know what the suggestion is here when we do that already when we can? We don't have an "automatic" way of doing it but I wouldn't know how.

I don't think it would be wise to automatically post player created posts though because it could get spammy and not all posts by players would be representative of the dev opinion. We don't want to give the impression that a particular post is something that's in the minds of devs, especially since there's a possibility of a troll taking advantage of such feature and use it for malicious reasons.
Tiger made a channel for polls and it’s not auto-matic. Just a good place to post polls (and threads?) without gumming up the other chats.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

That all well and good, we should just watch out not to create several sub-communities.

rappatix

Post by rappatix »

kwok wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 05:38

I didn't know if you made polls more often than the ones you link in discord. I recall sometime when Walder put a link to a poll in discord because of low attendance. I had no idea that there was a poll going on atm. I just thought that it shouldn't be like that. Idk, I just thought about this idea, I don't think it was that bad. :P

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It’s more like devs don’t make that many polls unless necessary. What we don’t do is advertise player polls. Not because we dont want to support players from making polls, it’s more like a principle of being consistent in the treatment of players. For example, what if a player decided to make a poll asking if there’s enough nazi symbols in the game? Devs aren’t going to broadcast that on discord... we would rather remove the post entirely but an automatic link generator will pick it up faster than a moderator can remove the post. If we don’t do it for all players we won’t do it for any. Walder put a link to his poll on discord to get attendance because it is HIS poll. Devs don’t have any current intention to implement every poll currently being run (some with infinite expiration time). Walder wants attendance on HIS poll as a mechanism to get the devs attention to potentially implement. It’s Walder’s way of arguing “hey devs look enough people care about it. Perhaps consider it”.

But fundamentally yes I agree with the question in the poll, I voted yes, but when it comes to actual execution I feel like we either do it already or don’t think there is a reasonable plan.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.