Suggestion: Give Volks 6x MP40, not just 4

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Suggestion: Give Volks 6x MP40, not just 4

Post by Walderschmidt »

I’d been scratching my head at why it seemed like Blitz pios rape with their MP40s whereas volks MP40s seemed to suck.

Then I realized one of my last games vs. Mencius & CGarr that Volksgrenadiers only get 4 x MP40s instead of six. So two of the Volksgren have the Kar98k.

So I propose they get 6 MP40s if both unlocks are purchased. Otherwise the unit is just a shitty version of a Volks upgraded with 2xM40 & 1x LMG34.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

H.Drescher

Re: Suggestion: Give Volks 6x MP40, not just 4

Post by H.Drescher »

This seems to be intentional as even Riflemen are only given x4 SMGs. I'm not sure why you would upgrade a volks with x2 SMGS and an LMG. It kind of hampers their effectiveness from my experience.

Although I have personally thought that at times Blitz Pioneers are too strong with these mp40 upgrades against riflemen, but I changed my thoughts over time developing tactics to counter this. My personal tactic is to just find a piece of cover and hold them in place against them. The Garand's rate of fire will typically just shred through them as they close the distance.

This can generally be applied against countering all SMGs rushes in the game, IMO.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

H.Drescher wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 20:58
This seems to be intentional as even Riflemen are only given x4 SMGs. I'm not sure why you would upgrade a volks with x2 SMGS and an LMG. It kind of hampers their effectiveness from my experience.
1. Riflemen, to be fair, have M1 Garands which perform a lot better at close range. True, the volks would have a slightly long range advantage over the rifleman squad, but no one buys MP40s or Grease Guns for their long range fire.

2. Simple - the LMG34 provides most of the long range damage output, along with 3xK98k. The two MP40s, though they be suited mainly for close range are important in that they protect the squad by giving them enough close range DPS to survive being charged by enemy squads. It’s a conscious choice I make to sacrifice a little long distance dps for overall durability and flexibility.

That said, I’m a little puzzled that neither the volksgrenadiers nor the riflemen get 6x smgs for the upgrades. With riflemen, however, I found their performance to be decent if not better than MP40 volks so I never looked into them. Sure, combat engies are way deadlier but they are doctrine specific infantry and come with possibility of upgrading to Thompsons.
H.Drescher wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 20:58
Although I have personally thought that at times Blitz Pioneers are too strong with these mp40 upgrades against riflemen, but I changed my thoughts over time developing tactics to counter this. My personal tactic is to just find a piece of cover and hold them in place against them. The Garand's rate of fire will typically just shred through them as they close the distance.

This can generally be applied against countering all SMGs rushes in the game, IMO.
Then as of right now I don’t see a compelling argument against my suggestion.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I think they are good as they are.
Blitz Pios are just available in one doc and fitting as a unit.
Nerf Mencius

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Consti255 wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 11:39
I think they are good as they are.
Blitz Pios are just available in one doc and fitting as a unit.
What do you think about my suggestion for the volks?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I think it should stay as it is right now.

I did not had any issues with the Volks. They just get overshadowed by the Blitz Pios in the early state of the game and just in one doc.

Maybe i need more testing. I am gonna play more on thuesday.
Nerf Mencius