82nd vs Fallshirmjagers

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MrWWIIBuff

82nd vs Fallshirmjagers

Post by MrWWIIBuff »

I was playing a match of Blitzkrieg on CoH Blitzkrieg mod 4.8.8.0 and I dropping in Vet 1 82nd Airborne Rangers and they were pitched against the German Fallshirmjagers and they were Vet 1. They Butchered my 82nd Squad in a matter of seconds. They Also went on to butcher many other squads that I sent against them. I finally killed the squad only to have yet anther drop in and butcher the remaining 2 squads (1 Rifle, 1 Ranger with Thompsons). I am aware of the elite abilities of the German Fallshirmjagers specifically, but what they were doing was just plain OP. I am not saying completely destroy their offensive power, I am saying to please Tone it down a little so squads that are not in trenches do not get slain out like my poor boys who died in vain. Thanks for you time.

PS No Video, forgot to save it.

Warhawks97

Re: 82nd vs Fallshirmjagers

Post by Warhawks97 »

you talk about german regiment 5 Fallschirmjägers right? if you use 82nd and thompson so far you need to get very close on enemie units. The Fg42 works pretty well on all distances and is one of the best weapons in game.

Rifles, well..... its freaking hard to use them against any kind of axis elits. They are actually made to die oO. I did manage to beat luft inf with bunch of cheap rifles (5-6 squads) from inf doc + captain+ rifle nades but not blobbing them. Rifle squads at all make little sense in late game unless you get them as cheap as inf doc can or when getting them out of triage centers for free.

And well, even if you forgot to save it i am sure you will do this experience more often. So you will have enough opportunities for saving vids. Also just as tip: If you fight axis on on distance you should use quad M16 or shermans with HE rounds but make sure they will stay out of schreck range. Best would be maybe to have m16 or sherman+ 2 ranger (one with lmg, the other with thompson) and get only close when they are suppressed. Running towards axis inf equiped with fg42, stg or lmg is suicide unless they are somehow suppressed or weakend by mortar/arty.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Almost any infantry squad equipped with SMGs can kill even elite units on close distance, including rifles with grease guns vs falles.

The main advantage of Fallshirmjagers is their ability to be effective on any range. 82nd is more like close combat and AT squad. Their effectivity can be buffed by command upgrade and airborne HQ squad (which since 4.8.8.0 has bigger aura distance).

MrWWIIBuff

Post by MrWWIIBuff »

They were at very close range, almost Melee actually

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Well then it depends if they are going from around the corner, or not firing because reloading etc. but generally I'd say its 50:50, maybe even more for 82nd on melee distance.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Well as a great Luft doc fan I have to admit that the 5th Regiment is great and powerfull unit. 5-6 FG42 which is, like Warhawks already said, imo the best weapon in game + 0-1 Schrecks, so they can easily kill light vehicles and under certain circumstances even heavy tanks.

But I also play a lot of Allies and often vs Luftwaffe, and I have to admit:

They are imo perfectly fine.

They are really powerfull, yes, but you also get them for a really high price (What was it after the last update? 550 MP iirc), and also I often killed them very easy with brits inf, Lee Enfield, Recce, M4, Ranger squads etc.

It's a typical unit which is like a hellhound if the player is good at handling them, but also a very ineffective unit if the enemy tries this "I just run into enemy frontline until I am at close range and then just shoot around"-bullshit tactics.

I once had a game (sorry don't remember the name) where I killed 5 Fallschirmjägerregiment 5 Squads + 4 Gebirgsjäger-squads, basically with one US rifle squad with BARs and a Ranger unit with LMG.

So as you see, it is really depending of the player who controls it, actually like it is with every unit. I've often seen whole Panzergrenadier squads with STG44s and LMG being wiped out by rifle units with BARs, yet it also often considered an OP unit.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I agree with Butterkeks. The best tactic for Luft doc is staying far away from enemy and shoot them with op Fg42 and op scoped Gw43 ;). Even if one of ur ubermensh dies u can replace him anytime anywhere.

To counter this the best thing is mg+mortar+snipers combo. They run like chickens after two head shots, suppressing fire and shells falling from the sky. And this is a good tactic to stop any Axis inf offensive. U just need to remember to have an engi squad with minesweepers some close to ur positions in case of nasty SD-2.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:I agree with Butterkeks. The best tactic for Luft doc is staying far away from enemy and shoot them with op Fg42 and op scoped Gw43 ;). Even if one of ur ubermensh dies u can replace him anytime anywhere.

To counter this the best thing is mg+mortar+snipers combo. They run like chickens after two head shots, suppressing fire and shells falling from the sky. And this is a good tactic to stop any Axis inf offensive. U just need to remember to have an engi squad with minesweepers some close to ur positions in case of nasty SD-2.

yeah.... i sometimes have 2-4 engineer squads with minesweepers. SD2 is one of the most nasty things you can face in games. Against their inf i prefer sniper, M16, HE sherman and best all together. HMG´s will suck later. gebirgs will beat HMG´s on distant and regiment 5 will ignore HMG´s after a while and overrun it (esspecially when gebirgs and reg 5 combined). So best is really M16+sniper+HE sherman. But be aware! The Gebirgs Panzerfaust has same range as your HE sherman! So escape early enough if you want your M16 or sherman to stay alive!

Wake

Post by Wake »

Snipers are very very good against expensive axis infantry. Just retreat or crawl away by the time the enemy gets to your sniper. By then, he could have killed 2 or 3 fallschrimjagers, which costs a lot of manpower in reinforcement costs.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Dont attack reg 5 at all..... i suppressed them with quad cal 50 and tried to finish them with vet 2 ranger and thompson..... reg 5 won on close range..... Forget this tactic oO