MG Toggle Questions

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

MG Toggle Questions

Post by Walderschmidt »

For fact finding purposes I have several questions.

When the MG toggles, is it the same unit with different stat boosts? Or is it technically two different units?

Are there two separate veterancy paths to account for each toggle mode? Could there be?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Re: MG Toggle Questions

Post by MarKr »

Toggle just changes weapon stats, unit remains the same. So there is just one veterancy path and I don't think there can be more than one.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Could you make a toggle for mortar smoke?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I guess...but is it really such a huge problem to click the ability and then make one more click to the place where you want to send the smoke?
Also, I am not sure if it is a good idea to give mortars the ability to toggle smoke shells and then with "attack ground" have it shoot smoke somewhere non-stop.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

MarKr wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 22:55
I guess...but is it really such a huge problem to click the ability and then make one more click to the place where you want to send the smoke?
Also, I am not sure if it is a good idea to give mortars the ability to toggle smoke shells and then with "attack ground" have it shoot smoke somewhere non-stop.
I mean you can do the same with HE shells, so I'm not sure why smoke would be an issue. It's technically doable in game, it just requires you to constantly jump between your units and the mortar to keep barraging the same spot since smoke is free and I think the cooldown ends before the barrage does. Smoke isn't commonly used because it's a pain in the ass to use, there are some that do use it either because they have really fast micro or they just really want to use smoke, but it's definitely not something I see much unless you count the panic smoke available to some tanks. Assuming it wouldn't be that big of a change from a technical standpoint, would it be possible for us to get a beta with a toggle for mortars at some point? I'd love to test something like that, CQB units are so much more fun to use.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Probably much easier to make the smoke barrage last a lot longer. Like 2 minutes.

Instant edit: a toggled smoke mortar could have some use as it would automatically and indefinitely obscure the vision of an enemy in range.. but actually damaging anything in range is probably better anyway

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Why dont we try adding smoke creeping barrage for mortars?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

automatic/indefinite perpetual smoke sounds like a "perma smoke until i say so" ability. i'm a bit skeptical about that one. it'd be like a "negate emplacement" button. sounds kind of sketchy....

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

With how slow mortars fire when not barraging, it'd probably be pretty worthless now that I think about it. Prob not worth the trouble.