Proposal for Tank gun rework

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Proposal for Tank gun rework

Post by Warhawks97 »

This is a seperate Topic for setting Tank gun range brackets and accuracy values. A more depth post is made here by me:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4048&start=25

Right now Tank guns are set completely different and random when it comes to accuracy and Range brackets.

Range brackets are randomly set as the following will show:
Sherman 76 /Panzer IV: 10/25/40/55
Hetzer: 15/25/50/60
17 pdr on tanks: 10/25/40/55
90 mm Jacks: 10/25/40/55
Pershing: 10/25/45/60
Panther: 15/30/45/55
Tiger: 15/30/45/60
King Tiger/Super Pershing: 20/30/50/60
Nashorn: 15/30/45/60
Jagdpanther: 15/30/45/55
.... and so on

That means that when a for example a King Tiger and Jagdpanther engages a target from the same distance with the exact same gun, the King Tiger holds an advantage since it has different penetration modifier applied than Jagdpanther. In general it makes little difference since both usually pen their target right away. Exception perhaps when it comes against SP and Churchill MK VII where penetration is not guranteed.

But thats also true when it comes to Hetzer in comparision to Jagdpanzer IV/48. The Hetzer has the edge due to its range brackets.
Or Pershing holding a slight edge over the Jackson although both use the same gun.

The next thing is accuracy that is applied in each bracket which are totally random:
Sherman 76: 1/1/0.75/0.75
Hellcat: 1/1/0.9/0.8
Tank IV H: 1/1/0.75/0.75
Panther/Tiger: 1/1/0.9/0.9
KT/JP: 1/10.75/0.75
Pershing/Jacks/SP: 1/1/0.75/0.75
Nashorn: 1/1/1/1
..... and so on

That means that same guns or similiar guns have completely different accuracy stats. I dont get why a Tiger should be much more accurate than Jagdpanther or King Tiger when it would actually be the other way arround.

Also most guns (esspecially medium tanks) drop dwon from 100% accuracy at 25 range to 75% range at 40 range. So within 15 range (grenade range of allied) the unit loses basically all the accuracy. Its like a waterfall drop. Players who manage to get as close as 41 range for example, which is already a huge achievment to get this close on target with a medium tank, do not benefit at all from better accuracy. Thats sick.
Every inch or meter you get closer to your target should boost your accuracy (and pen a tiny bit).

My suggestion:

Set Range brackets to a more standardized level:
15/30/45/60.

This at least for the medium guns on Panzer IV´s, Hetzer and so on. I would make it this way even for the heavier once with higher basic range of like 70 even if that would mean their accuracy/pen would not suffer any further when the target is further than 60 range away.

Set accuracy values to:
1/1/0.9/0.8

That however can vary depending on the gun and unit. Panthers and Tigers and all these tanks with accurate high velocity guns could still maintain 0.85 acuracy at max range while units like regular shermans could keep their 0.65 accuracy, perhaps boosted to 0.7.

All that should help to prevent hilarious fail shots from closer ranges under perfect conditions against ship sized target. It also boosts accuracy/pen every meter you get closer and the fate of your unit and success would not depend on tiny 15 range difference.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Re: Proposal for Tank gun rework

Post by mofetagalactica »

Agreed, you should be able to realize what distant/far/medium/close by pure sight and experience, more than what type of tank you're using.

I wonder if infantry range brackets are also messy like this ones.

OrderLordTank

Re: Proposal for Tank gun rework

Post by OrderLordTank »

+1.