trenches/bunkers vs arty/air

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
lunarwolf

trenches/bunkers vs arty/air

Post by lunarwolf »

just a thought

i suggest that straffing runs/callipole rockets/stuka (regular shot not fire shot)/regular arty shells shouldn't wipe out a whole squad in a trench or bunker - ofc it damages the trench bunker HP and kill a couple of squad members, but not clear a whole squad - i lose 3 men mg crew, 4 man AT on a regular basis, 7 men in 1 shot :o I can understand that these would still be as effective vs sandbags (regular green cover) but not a trench/bunker

u would assume that this should be ineffective to clear a trench/ bunker which should provide adequate cover, better than a building. in fact air strikes often missed bridges in WW2, that is a big target vs a trench. anyway grenades, fire (flamethrowers and fire arty shells), mortar rounds, air burst, HE rounds, avre can easily handle trenches and bunkers.

my 2 cents

V13dweller

Re: trenches/bunkers vs arty/air

Post by V13dweller »

Pretty sure the point of a bunker is to protect infantry from artillery and such, yet it does a terrible job at it.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

thx. it is kind of ironic that I clear a bunker when I hear arty shells because squad have better chance of surviving in the open than a reinforced bunker

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

guys die inside a bunker? Ive never kill guys inside them when i use nades. Only flames seem to be able to kill guys in bunkers (and sniper sometimes) the rest is very ineffective in killing guys inside a bunker. I used bunkers myself and ive never lost a guy to anything to be honest (except flames).

Trenches... well.... if an arty shell hits directly the trench the guys inside would be simply dead.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Yes and if a squad stands in front of a tank firing 1/2 Mg's and a cannon it should be instantly wiped out instead of staying there throwing their bazookas and flames.
I agree with Lunarwolf. Having a whole squad destroyed for a HE shot is too much, especially when the same HE shot is not able to kill half of the squad outside of the trench

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:Yes and if a squad stands in front of a tank firing 1/2 Mg's and a cannon it should be instantly wiped out instead of staying there throwing their bazookas and flames.
I agree with Lunarwolf. Having a whole squad destroyed for a HE shot is too much, especially when the same HE shot is not able to kill half of the squad outside of the trench

outside of trenches they do not stay so close together. I think squads outside get easier hit and losing a men but inside they get whiped out completely as they stay more close together. But in general i dont have experience with trenches... i use and see them so seldom.
Build more AA Walderschmidt