panthers in BK

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
banshee

panthers in BK

Post by banshee »

Hi

In this game, the panthers is pretty weak. First, it does not show too much advantage against M4 76 and many times been killed by one shot from M4 76 even the panther is using its front armor to face allied tanks. In reality, panther is famous for its powerful kwk42 75mmL70 maingun and 80mm/55 front armor. The kwk42, in reality, have very good penetration and accuracy even in distance over 1500m. Second, the price for panther is too high. It has a price even to be the same as tiger and has a high requirement than tiger, which makes panther to be a white elephant. In terror and luff, seldom do I have the rescource to get panthers and the high price for panthers greatly reduce diversified strategies. In reality, a panther only costs half of a tiger and only about 1.2 times of Panzer IV. I think the panther should increase its main gun and front armor performance and decrease its price, for example, to 650MP 100 fuel. Meanwhile, keep its side armor weak to let the allies have more chance to distroy its from side.
(Sorry for putting it in thewrong place previously.)

Wolf
Administrator

Re: panthers in BK

Post by Wolf »

There is no side armor in the game, because of engine Relic used, so it can not be done. Increasing armor and decreasing cost is then also out of the question, because panther gun is very good at the moment and with proposed change you would really have big inbalance in the game.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I have once suggested before for the same thing of a great price reduction regarding the Panthers probably as even more than what u have just asked for.. reaching the extent to maybe become costing as much as the British Fireflys are currently costing... Sticking on the justify of willing or hoping for it to be exactly like in the reality! But later on, I have realized that this would severely harm the general game balance on several sides for many reasons indeed. As that on the other hand; such a change will also require or then lead for a whole different tank prices total view of rework according to the same 'reality' logic!! Meaning that Shermans for example would cost even less while Tigers and KTs to be even much more as a result too....

However that actually I never believed that the Panthers are weak in Bk mod having whatever a thin frontal armor or a bad gun as u claim!!! On the contrary... I have frequently seen my Panther being able to bounce off a lot of more shells in a row than my Tiger possibly ever could!!!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

banshee wrote:Hi

In this game, the panthers is pretty weak. First, it does not show too much advantage against M4 76 and many times been killed by one shot from M4 76 even the panther is using its front armor to face allied tanks. In reality, panther is famous for its powerful kwk42 75mmL70 maingun and 80mm/55 front armor. The kwk42, in reality, have very good penetration and accuracy even in distance over 1500m. Second, the price for panther is too high. It has a price even to be the same as tiger and has a high requirement than tiger, which makes panther to be a white elephant. In terror and luff, seldom do I have the rescource to get panthers and the high price for panthers greatly reduce diversified strategies. In reality, a panther only costs half of a tiger and only about 1.2 times of Panzer IV. I think the panther should increase its main gun and front armor performance and decrease its price, for example, to 650MP 100 fuel. Meanwhile, keep its side armor weak to let the allies have more chance to distroy its from side.

sure, but if you decrease the build cost of panther by almost 50% because of realism (The panther was slightly more expensive than Tank IV) then allied would have a much greater standard res income in every aspect. The total ammount of build Panthers in 44 (approx 3700) was just slightly more of monthly build shermans (2000). Also as wolf said there is no side armor but if so then nothing could pen the panthers frontal armor (HVAP had some chance at 200 yards) and even 17 pounders would bounce often from the front but the side would get penetrated by pretty much everything and even by the 75 mm sherman. Also a JP wouldnt cost more than a tank IV which alone would be a kinda disbalance. But also most allied tankbusters would be cheap as hell (the M10 was one of the cheapest tanks and iirc the cheapest tank from western armies) and thus the M36 would also be a lot cheaper. Furthermore the reliability factor and available spare parts. On axis side it was often the case that just 45-55% of the tanks in the german forces were combat ready while the rest had no spare parts or fuel. Also the bombing campaign would have to be considered as well. The Jagpanther production stopped after 384 units due to bombing and of the planed 1000 Jagdpanzer IV´s monthly just arround 1500-2000 got build in total (all versions). So all that would need to be considered when using reality cost of tanks. And the Panther isnt bad at all in game. Invulnerable to hendheld AT´s so far and resistant to most tank guns and smaller paks and equiped with deadly top mounted mg42.

Also axis tanks had better steel (though there were huge differences in their quality in 44) with BHN of 300-500. US tanks mostly 220-280 BHN. That means that axis armor was usually a way harder and thus harder to penetrate but if so there could be a large shrappnel "rain" inside the tank while US tanks got easier penetrated but a pen shot did often less damage as there was "only" a whole. Together with the sherman wet storge (W) the chance to survive if the tank gets penetrated was a way higher on allied tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Erich

Post by Erich »

banshee wrote:Hi

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=398&view=unread&sid=086551005005da688722796b226ad521#unread