AA gun effectiveness

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
kwok
Team Member

AA gun effectiveness

Post by kwok »

Checking again with players. I saw a couple of scattered posts but not a single focused post on AA effectiveness. How is it?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

mofetagalactica

Re: AA gun effectiveness

Post by mofetagalactica »

¿How are they supposed to work after last changes? ' Cause i really feel like they're performing really really bad. I've tried positionating them in different places and angles and dosn't seem to be effective neither.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Kwok,
I tried .50 cal naked emp, 3 pieces approx. When in normal mode, they weren't doing jack shit, when in AA mode, I think they shot down most if not all planes.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Maybe AA emplacements should be in AA mode by default?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

PanzarFather

Post by PanzarFather »

This is how AA should be:

The AA at each base should NOT be able to shoot down planes any effectivly, only if the plane is coming across the map and towards the bases, it should have some sort of chance to shoot it down.

But, units that are put on the map, like the Flakpanzer IV "Moebelwagen", Ostwind Flakpanzer. 88s, M3 Halftrack etc should be able to shoot down planes IN THEIR AREA where they are, pretty effectivly. I would say around 60-70% chance to shoot down incoming planes, JUST the area where they are, they should not be able to shoot down planes all accross the whole map just because they are standing somewhere.

Easy.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

PanzarFather wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 20:57
But, units that are put on the map, like the Flakpanzer IV "Moebelwagen", Ostwind Flakpanzer. 88s, M3 Halftrack etc should be able to shoot down planes IN THEIR AREA where they are, pretty effectivly. I would say around 60-70% chance to shoot down incoming planes, JUST the area where they are, they should not be able to shoot down planes all accross the whole map just because they are standing somewhere.
Base AA is fine currently. I think the devs were going for something like this for buildable AA units/emplacements but 20mm AA seems to have been broken within the last few patches. I'm guessing it's a bug since Kwok was confused by it when we tested and he was the one that wanted to do the test.

PanzarFather

Post by PanzarFather »

CGarr wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 23:20
Base AA is fine currently.
Yeah, I agree on that. The only thing that needs to be done is making mobile units out of the map that are specifically made for AA to cover their area where they stand with 60-70% efficacy.