Assault Pioneers seems a little too powerful

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
TANEBIRD

Assault Pioneers seems a little too powerful

Post by TANEBIRD »

Am I the only one who seems to be getting their SHIT RUINED by assault pioneers in the beginning of the game? Given a stg44 and the ability to add 2 mp40s if not 2 flamethrowers is almost uncounterable at the begining of games. Though it doesn't seem like it, the flamethrowers give them SOME AT ability. Blowing engines out and fucking them up entirely is very useful.

Their mp40s are cheap, and they come with an assault rifle, this squad is almost always destroying the fuck out of me and I'm playing infantry doctrine. If they're placed around a corner in defense, theres nothing you can do againsts them. Once they have 2 flamethrowers, their ability to shut down small vehicles is unheard of at that point of the game. 3 automatic weapons totally wreck my riflemen squads, especially from green cover. It's unfair. I know that once the mp40s are employed, they only work at close to medium range, but the stg44 alone gives them bonus over riflemen squads which seems a little bogus.

Redgaarden

Re: Assault Pioneers seems a little too powerful

Post by Redgaarden »

They are pretty expensive and dont scale very well late game due to their cost inefficiency. And they should get outgunned pretty handily if you have Riflemen + Engineers/Jeep as support or just have a HMG.

Any unit will get fucked up if they attack someone at a corner. If the pios go against riflemen they too will get fucked up.

Dont know what else to say.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Mood

Post by Mood »

Around a corner you say? Why not use a grenade?

TANEBIRD

Post by TANEBIRD »

Still as it stands, these guys with flamethrowers are like, the worst thing on earth. They're blazing up a path after the initial attack, taking light vehicles engine wise like it's nothing. Even tanks. So I need riflemen, plus BARs, if not grease guns, and another unit as support? Fuck. That sucks. Riflemen are supposed to be kind of a jack of all trades style unit that can pretty much at least assault just about anything. They didn't even put a dent in these guys.

Another unit I'm having a shitload of trouble with is the haupsturmfuhrer unit. It's supposed to be a officer style unit. It's got 4 people in it, they can get upgraded to mp40s and even worse, I'm having the 2 guns on the side of the hmg squads take out like 3 fucking guys in my rifle squad. That's ridiculous I can't stand to see that shit, it seems like the rifle men squad has been completely trashed. The BAR sucks shit. It's expensive, and the suppressionfrom it costs more munition than it's worth. The fact that I can't get 2 BARs per riflemen squad is really fucking us up. Yet assault pioneers can get 2 mp40s, 2 flamethrowers and more. Seriously??

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I mean the rifles cost 255 while the pioneers cost 390mp. i feel like if rifles could easily handle assault pios then THAT would be unfair. Having a supporting unit at a much cheaper cost for sufficient utility is an option that US as a faction has that PE doesn't. It's a bit of playstyle to adapt to. If you want just blanket strong infantry, then try rangers. I'm not saying rangers will 100% defeat assault pioneers but with a 390mp cost theyre going to do much better AND scale much better than assault pios.

The haupsturmfuhrer is 400mp for 3 models. My suggestion? Snipers and bleed them manpower. And don't be afraid to instant off map them with arty/airstrike. That's usually a good trade of 165ish munition for 400 manpower.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

TANEBIRD

Post by TANEBIRD »

Snipers are a unit I hardly have around when shit hits the fan. They tend to die almost instant when they meet *surprise!* assault pioneers with stg44s and 2 mp40s or even WORSE 2 flamethrowers. I will give you ONE thing about assault pioneers. They don't have regular grenades. I noticed this just now. They have to throw bundled grenades at 50muni as opposed regular 20 for a regular grenade. Still. They get that (which in itself is a great anti tank weapon and anti garrison utility, but also dont have to upgrade demolitions like any of the other pioneers. Their repair is shitty, not fast. But.. then again. Theyve got enough shit.

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

@TANEBIRD, I'm playing PE mostly of time and can say, that assault pioneers is super suckers. US have cheap well powered with M1 Garands Riflemans and never plays alone. Just support them with Jeep, Scout car, or HMG and pioneers will be fucked up. They have a little HP, can't fight at a distance and dies in a moment but costs like full powered Assault Grens. It's really very specialized unit