New tournament map

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
F31.58

New tournament map

Post by F31.58 »

Please, make it 2v2

kwok
Team Member

Re: New tournament map

Post by kwok »

No
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

F31.58

Post by F31.58 »

kwok wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 15:14
No
why

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

it's pretty small for 2v2, might as well just play on Route D913 or Martainville

F31.58

Post by F31.58 »

Other most played maps are much more smaller than this map

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

BK’s meant to be played on bigger maps.

One v one’s are meant to be played on vCoH 2v2 maps. Two v two’s are meant to be played on vCoH 3v3 maps. And three v three’s are meant to be played on vCoH 4v4 maps.

People play these small maps due to lack of choice and because players choose to play the same maps over and over. Then turn around and complain about maps being arty party central or Axis favored. And some maps are!

So this map is there to give a BK 1v1 map, not just another BK flavored vCoH sized 1v1 map.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

F31.58

Post by F31.58 »

If players really wanted to play on big maps, they would just close the slots, but it's very rare that someone actually does it.
I just want to have two more slots for 2v2 games, since you can't just do the reverse here

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, people don't close the slots, wait for full lobby and then complain about "arty is everywhere" or "camping is too easy" or "airstrikes are OP" or tons of other things.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

F31.58 wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 12:05
If players really wanted to play on big maps, they would just close the slots, but it's very rare that someone actually does it.
I just want to have two more slots for 2v2 games, since you can't just do the reverse here
I do it all the time and people do one of two things:

1) Complain and ask for a “2v2” map.
2) Complain and demand me open slots to let their friends in.
3) Complain and demand I turn a 2v2 into a 3v3 or a 3v3 into a 4v4

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The logic for smaller maps is dumb. From now on I’m calling big maps = maps and vcoh small maps = vcoh maps.

How on earth does it make any sense that if you more than double sometimes triple the range of weapons you stay playing the same size maps? The response has always been “too big”... sounds more like too big for their tiny skill limit. Players like small maps because they can rely on formulas to win. And that just leads to exactly what markr said: arty spam, camping, airstrike OP. Any other play style on vcoh maps is not optimal, just strong players flexing on weaker.

If you double the ranges you should double the playable area. Simple as that.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

F31.58

Post by F31.58 »

kwok wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 16:13
The logic for smaller maps is dumb. From now on I’m calling big maps = maps and vcoh small maps = vcoh maps.

How on earth does it make any sense that if you more than double sometimes triple the range of weapons you stay playing the same size maps? The response has always been “too big”... sounds more like too big for their tiny skill limit. Players like small maps because they can rely on formulas to win. And that just leads to exactly what markr said: arty spam, camping, airstrike OP. Any other play style on vcoh maps is not optimal, just strong players flexing on weaker.

If you double the ranges you should double the playable area. Simple as that.
okay, you're right. can you please make two more slots?
that doesn't changes the fact that majority plays on maps like duclair and you guys from US likes having huge maps

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

F31.58 wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 07:37
okay, you're right. can you please make two more slots?
Already answered:
kwok wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 15:14
No