PE Grens +1 upgrade

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

What's better?

Poll ended at 25 Aug 2020, 11:58

Remove +1 PE Grens upgrade
50%
Modify Grens and Upgrade as described in topic
50%

Total votes: 4

crazzy501

PE Grens +1 upgrade

Post by crazzy501 »

What's the point of this upgrade? Default PE Grens and Assault Grens already have 6 members in squad and it's fully operational. It's use 6 out of 7 seats in halftruck and trench and u can't put somebody in it except sniper. And for some reason u can add one more squad member. It's 17% power upgrade. And u can't give more weapons to this squad with this upgrade. It's +1 member with Kar98 and nothing.
My point here is to say, that current upgrade is mostly useless and must be changed or totally removed.

How I think it's can be changed:
make base number of squad members for 4 persons and at less cost and build time. Let's say, make cost and build time like US Infantry, just for example. And remake this upgrade to +3 squad members and additional weapon slots for squad with increased build time and squad cost

Warhawks97

Re: PE Grens +1 upgrade

Post by Warhawks97 »

crazzy501 wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 11:58
What's the point of this upgrade? Default PE Grens and Assault Grens already have 6 members in squad and it's fully operational. It's use 6 out of 7 seats in halftruck and trench and u can't put somebody in it except sniper. And for some reason u can add one more squad member. It's 17% power upgrade. And u can't give more weapons to this squad with this upgrade. It's +1 member with Kar98 and nothing.
My point here is to say, that current upgrade is mostly useless and must be changed or totally removed.
I barely use it. Some houses cant handle 7 men i think.

Its a voch remnant where you had 3 men and later 4 men.
How I think it's can be changed:
make base number of squad members for 4 persons and at less cost and build time. Let's say, make cost and build time like US Infantry, just for example. And remake this upgrade to +3 squad members and additional weapon slots for squad with increased build time and squad cost

If you make it a +3 with increased cost etc i would then prefer to have each squad upgraded individually bc this will change your entire gameplay for the rest of the game.

So players would have 4 men squad and they could each upgraded into a 6 or 7 men squad when necessary without losing the 4 men option.

I would prefer to have the basic grens as 6 men squad with doctrinal weapon upgrades while the other inf would be 4 men and the stormpios 5 men strong.

Or a mix of both. All start as 4 men but each basic Pgren squad can be upgraded to become a 6 men squad or even 7. But all other inf remains to be small 4 men tactical squads.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Constantino

Post by Constantino »

PE are supposed to be about quality over quantity so the upgrade really feels out of place. I would suggest reducing squad sizes to 5 and keeping the upgrade as is.

The intention would be to make squads cheaper without really affecting their combat performance. I don't think squad sizes should ever be reduced below 5 though; the British assault squads are 4 now and I think they suck.

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

If you make it a +3 with increased cost etc i would then prefer to have each squad upgraded individually bc this will change your entire gameplay for the rest of the game.
My idea with this change to give PE more mobility at early, to fortify and take points at same times, as any allies forces (brits engineers with demo upgrade is super sprinters, for example) and make this upgrade more valuable for player. U, as a PE player need to think about this upgrade rather than just skip it in your tech-tree. Like u say, I barely use it too. Coz it's pointless.
Individual upgrades for expand squads, I think, is a waste of time. R u really wants at mid/late game build in forward headquarters your 4-mens, when u already upgraded it's number? When USA have fully upgraded full powered infantry with 6 mens? I don't.
And I don't think that u really need to care about buildings with 6 men max, coz mostly buildings have 14 seats (7+7 ;) ). Most of buildings, that have 6 men cap, is easy to destroy even with 60mm mortar, what not good for quite expensive unit like assault pgrens.
But all other inf remains to be small 4 men tactical squads
I think that idea is bad. I like that in Blitzkrieg mod infantry have well represented infantry organisation with 6/7-mens squads, like it must be in real. 4-man squads can only be a special tactical or early game unit, like demo-mens in blitzkrieg doctrine or brits assault Tommies, but not as general infantry unit like (assault-)pgrens which I'm start this discuss
the British assault squads are 4 now and I think they suck
I think it's just because of Stens. 4 men PE squad with Kar98 or G-43 behind a wall or in a trench fights well
Last edited by crazzy501 on 18 Aug 2020, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Constantino wrote:
18 Aug 2020, 19:20
PE are supposed to be about quality over quantity so the upgrade really feels out of place. I would suggest reducing squad sizes to 5 and keeping the upgrade as is.

my thoughts. I already had my long debates with devs about it.

The intention would be to make squads cheaper without really affecting their combat performance. I don't think squad sizes should ever be reduced below 5 though; the British assault squads are 4 now and I think they suck.

i say depends on whats arround the squad. How the faction is build up or the doctrine.
There are 4 men squads that work like the command squads, the suppression squad from BK doc and AT squads.

The brits is just bad implemented with 360 MP for 4xsten dudes and no versatility or esspecially designed support stuff.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Mood

Post by Mood »

4-man squads suck for any doctrine/faction. 1 sniper shot and you lost 25% of your unit. I don't think any of the suggestions you listed are good.
If you wanted to change the upgrade then brainstorm up something else - perhaps another effect on their infantry rather than +1 squad member?

I honestly don't mind it in its current state. Only issue I've had so far was that you can't enter certain buildings with them (the ones capped at 6).

Mantis

Post by Mantis »

Keep things as they are and lock this nonsense topic...

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Agreed. I dont see why any of this should be changed. I like it the way it is currently. If anything I think the Field upgrade that says it lets you see mines and cap faster should actually let you see mines.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Mantis wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 18:05
+1

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Redgaarden wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 13:49
Agreed. I dont see why any of this should be changed. I like it the way it is currently. If anything I think the Field upgrade that says it lets you see mines and cap faster should actually let you see mines.
+1 100% agree with you guys