US Supply yard availability

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

US Supply yard availability

Post by Warhawks97 »

Would it be possible to make this building and its upgrades completely independent from any other building and tec and let the player decide whether he wishes to tec into units first or to delay the tec a bit and instead reduce the upkeep of the units he has? Like a dude who mainly plays with inf may want the upkeep lowered before reaching a tec level that allows chaffes and stuff.

There are many players that would may get this building before a motorpool bc they focus a lot more and longer on infantry.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Re: US Supply yard availability

Post by kwok »

What's the counterbalance suggestion?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

kwok wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 01:23
Semi-automatic Panzershrecks with 5 round magazines.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:
i dont think its needed bc what i suggested is a bit of balance already.
Not everything that got changed has gotten a counterbalance. Like the literally instant availability of 20 mm cars in HR games has not seen a counterbalance.

Thing is, when you dont really manage to get some fuel under controle as US, you simply starve and cant spend it into units bc you must spare it to get the supply yard somehow.

WH, PE and CW can often fight on, spend everything they got in ressources into units until they manage to take a fuel point.

So if you get into a bad starting situation as US, they should have the opportunity to fight on with just barracks and the units available in there and get the supply yard before anything else to allow them to do that.

But as of right now, you must hold a fuel point long enough to reach almost max tec just for the supply yard.
Its like being forced as WH to hold a fuel point long enough until i have tanks available.

Axis 130 fuel to have their first tanks available in the third building.
US needs this ammount of fuel to get the supply yard up. That means that every faction has the chance to hold out, defend and push forward with lower tec forces untill getting a fuel point and beating high tec units by using low tec units defensively and just hold out, fighting a attrition war.

US is never able to do so if it had to. You dont get enough fuel and you wont be able to fight attrition with your lower tec forces untill pushing forward to get hands on fuel.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Warhawks97 wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:56
kwok wrote:
i dont think its needed bc what i suggested is a bit of balance already.
Not everything that got changed has gotten a counterbalance. Like the literally instant availability of 20 mm cars in HR games has not seen a counterbalance.

Thing is, when you dont really manage to get some fuel under controle as US, you simply starve and cant spend it into units bc you must spare it to get the supply yard somehow.

WH, PE and CW can often fight on, spend everything they got in ressources into units until they manage to take a fuel point.

So if you get into a bad starting situation as US, they should have the opportunity to fight on with just barracks and the units available in there and get the supply yard before anything else to allow them to do that.

But as of right now, you must hold a fuel point long enough to reach almost max tec just for the supply yard.
Its like being forced as WH to hold a fuel point long enough until i have tanks available.

Axis 130 fuel to have their first tanks available in the third building.
US needs this ammount of fuel to get the supply yard up. That means that every faction has the chance to hold out, defend and push forward with lower tec forces untill getting a fuel point and beating high tec units by using low tec units defensively and just hold out, fighting a attrition war.

US is never able to do so if it had to. You dont get enough fuel and you wont be able to fight attrition with your lower tec forces untill pushing forward to get hands on fuel.
The counterbalance is that those 20mm HT car things on terror are hot garbage and die to 50 cals. That being said, I agree with the whole early supply yard buildability change, although I would still limit the fuel-related upgrades to only be unlocked when the current pre-requisites for the supply yard are met. Just thought the 20mm car point was kinda dumb to complain about, that thing is terrible and I generally have no problem dealing with it even against much better players. It's like complaining about a US HT, except this POS can't even reinforce squads.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Walderschmidt wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 07:11
kwok wrote:
Semi-automatic Panzershrecks with 5 round magazines.

Wald
We should at least be historically accurate and do the full 20 round magazine.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

It would counter balancing just by itself by comparing it againts WH 0% magical upkeep.