CW Truck Destroyed, No Income, Can't Buy Truck

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
kwok
Team Member

CW Truck Destroyed, No Income, Can't Buy Truck

Post by kwok »

A concern brought by players in the beta was how when the CW HQ truck is destroyed income is lost, therefore it is impossible to bring back the HQ truck and make a come back in the game. This is generally a problem compared to other HQs because the CW HQ is often deployed in the frontlines. While the player SHOULD be taking that risk in a part of their strategy and NOT exposing the HQ so much... we understand since the latest change to be able to off-map bombard the CW HQ truck makes it even harder to protect.

So, we are looking for ideas on how to balance this new dynamic. We tried a couple times in the past by making the CW HQ a building and no longer a truck, but that didn't go over so well with the community plus the amount of bugs it introduced.

----------------

One idea thought of so far was to keep the cost of the HQ Truck call in as 400mp, but also give the ability to trade other resources for the 400mp to buy the truck. The resource trade ability would only be available when the HQ Truck is dead.
If this idea is good... How much should that trade cost be? 95 fuel? 160 mun?
I took mp cost of truck divided by max mp... that's a factor of about 27%...
I applied the 27% to max munition and max fuel.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

123nick

Re: CW Truck Destroyed, No Income, Can't Buy Truck

Post by 123nick »

why not just a 1 time call in for a new free truck? or if not free time, with a massive cool down? and maybe a long delay (1-2 minutes) when calling it in and it appearing too make destruction of the truck still punishing.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

123nick wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 22:41
why not just a 1 time call in for a new free truck? or if not free time, with a massive cool down? and maybe a long delay (1-2 minutes) when calling it in and it appearing too make destruction of the truck still punishing.
I like Nick’s idea.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

123nick wrote:
If I get it right, then it is the 1st time a free call in and the next time it is gonna be 400MP?

Also the "long delay when calling in" could cause problems. It is hard to pinpoint a source of a desync but I think some people reported that the longer the delay for the callin unit to arrive, the bigger chance to get a desync. It is hard to confirm this but if there is a chance of this happening, I would rather try something else.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 12:39
123nick wrote:
If I get it right, then it is the 1st time a free call in and the next time it is gonna be 400MP?

Also the "long delay when calling in" could cause problems. It is hard to pinpoint a source of a desync but I think some people reported that the longer the delay for the callin unit to arrive, the bigger chance to get a desync. It is hard to confirm this but if there is a chance of this happening, I would rather try something else.
What if you just make them drive really slow? Quick call in but long travel time?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Doesn't it already go pretty slow already? The slowness will impact when it moves in general, so if you want to relocate then it'll be slow.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

how has it been before? Iirc you could call a new one for 400 MP or so.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

There was the thing that the first CW truck made any sector it was in an "HQ sector" and it is not possible to send the heavy offmap arty abilities into HQ sectors. The truck no longer flags the sector it is in as "HQ sector" so you can send there the 280mm/Hummel offmap and these can destroy CW trucks in one go so it is easier to lose the truck than before.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

What about not cutting off the income when HQ truck is destroyed?
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The resources always need to "flow" somewhere and for all factions it is the HQ. It is needed because of the "supply chain" mevhanic which requires resource sectors to be connected to your HQ sector (or the sectors start flashing and you get no resources from them). If the HQ gets destroyed, the resource income stops because the HQ building/truck flags given sector as "the resources flow to this place". So I don't think it is technically possible to do that unless something else is changed to create "res. flow here" sector and that would create problems on itd own.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

If you're playing team games, then you can use your teammates's "flow". But I have no idea how it works now. Just noticed that I got alot less income than I should when I started moving the HQ forward at the start of the game.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!