AB Strafing Run

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

AB Strafing Run

Post by Warhawks97 »

Does anyone else thinks this strafe is crap?
I am not playing AB often but when i do i find this ability hilariously weak, esspecially compared to axis strafe and RAF cluster Bomb.

I played AB and used the ability three times and even when the weakest units (pios and volkssturm)have been perfectly in the target area, it just couldnt really kill them.

In one occassion i had a perfect target consisting of Panzergrens repairing a damaged HT, a krad and Reg5 fallis. No target was killed or destroyed and i had AP rounds upgraded.

This ability is just pure crap and only effective if you want to strafe pioneers. But krads dont die, HT´s and stuff take no damage at all, with or without AP.

So pls, make this ability working finally. And AP should be loaded by AP. You are already paying a lot for everything just to get this stupid infantry actually working so that it doesnt lose to Volkssturm units. You pay for weapons so that they can actually kill something, you upgrade cheaper weapons so that you dont run out of ammo by doing so, you upgrade sticky to deal with heavy armor... I felt like i was just upgrading and unlocking just to get something out from this doc. Reconassaince is currently the only thing this doc is able to lmao.

Side note:
I had no satchels for my 101st anymore for some reasons. When i open second menu page i just have a grenade and an empty slot. The first unit menu page has grenade and sticky.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Re: AB Strafing Run

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

i would make the AB strafe with AP rounds by default.. but the FHQ strafe patrol would remain without AP rounds.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I think the AB strafe doesn't shoot in the middle. And there fore will not kill units you aim directly at. I never figured out how to be deadly with the thing. But it definitely has potential to kill even the strongest squads.

Just dont make it like the airstrafe in Africa mod where it auto targets infantry and just kills everything.

And I dont think AP rounds are worth upgrading, so I wouldn't mind making them free.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Redgaarden wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 12:39
I think the AB strafe doesn't shoot in the middle. And there fore will not kill units you aim directly at. I never figured out how to be deadly with the thing. But it definitely has potential to kill even the strongest squads.

Just dont make it like the airstrafe in Africa mod where it auto targets infantry and just kills everything.

And I dont think AP rounds are worth upgrading, so I wouldn't mind making them free.
Agreed