trenches suggestion

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
lunarwolf

trenches suggestion

Post by lunarwolf »

with all this insta pin spam, would it be possible to decrease production time for trench, because cover doesn't seem to do anything. in fact even behind a building I still get pinned down?

bit tired of having my soldiers constantly crawling everywhere. after all it shouldn't take longer to dig a hole than to build a jeep. FYI - trench build time is 40 sec and jeep build time is 35 sec

to sum it up maybe trench build time should be 25-30 sec. maybe this can apply only to units from main HQ (pioneers, engineers, sappers, panzer grenadiers) and not other infantry. I am open to suggestions.

my 2 cents

Wake

Re: trenches suggestion

Post by Wake »

Well, at the same time, you have to remember that infantry inside trenches are almost 100% protected from small arms fire. The only way to kill units inside a trench is with grenades, flames, or artillery. This trench is better than any other cover in the game and is free to build, and can be built by most units.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

troops inside trench are not immune to small arms fire, I think its about the same damage vs green cover. anyway there are multiple ways to kill them as you mentioned. there are additional ways as well; mortar shots are very effective and do not cost munitions. and also very effective are explosive rounds from units like Scott, M4, P3 etc....

furthermore, I suggested that only engineers, etc... from HQ building could build them at a faster rate, so this would not apply to riflemen, etc... (ie only one type of inf per faction would be able to do so)

Erich

Post by Erich »

Do not worry, this jeep will not last long, probably in the next version they will '' rebalance ''

jeep is too op now!!!

(sarcasm).

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

glad you have no issues with insta pin spam ;) they pin better than a mg42 and a lot more mobile as well as cheaper. :shock:

Erich

Post by Erich »

Better than mg42? you just can be kidding.

what you do against scout car? builds trench? no,just make a AT gun. Your problem will be fix.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

mg 42 doesn't pin instantly like the jeep does. there is a few seconds delay before it pins. this gives your infantry time to flank it. mg42 is quite at slow when it needs to move or change angle. on the other hand you cannot outrun a jeep.

why do u compare jeep and scout car? they do not cost the same and scout car requires a logistics company building before u can field it. so it comes later and not at start. by that time you have AT guns, bazooka, halftracks to deal with it

don't be patronizing, I always build AT pak for Wehr or PR 37mm HT as soon as I can at the start of game. I don't mind that bike, schwim, jeep eat infantry in the open ground. in fact, I am even ok with increasing the damage they do in the open field to infantry out of cover; however I don't think any such vehicle should insta pin infantry. because green cover doesn't work against jeep. squads are pinned. even behind buildings, hedges etc.. if there is firefight in area you get pinned. the pin mechanics are nonsense and clearly don't work. personally I think it should be removed from all those starting vehicles from HQ or at the very least have a munitions cost for each use, or add a fuel cost. sorry but not every map has tons of buildings to hide inside, lots of maps have vast open terrain where your inf almost becomes useless. spam a couple of jeeps and you can deny huge amounts of territory, pinning squads trying to cap etc...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Depends on which MG it is... I think especially deployed scout car pin is the most pinning MG ingame...
And jeep instapins? I don't think so.
It has reduced suppression and suppresion area in next patch, so it should help a bit. However suppression is wanted ingame.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

funny you say that wolf. why then do rangers, airborne, AT squads walk up in front of my tanks without getting pinned. with hull mg, coaxial, and turret you would figure tanks should easily pin infantry walking in front of it, lot more firepower than a little jeep. yet this never happens

anyway glad top see you will address this in next patch :)

Erich

Post by Erich »

i compared jeep with scout car because they are early units,as wake said literally axis only need built AT gun at start like allies do. Mg42 can be flanked when it shot?lol.

yes,I have no problems against jeeps,i just make a AT gun and the problem is solved.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

@Lunar: PE builds logistic company for 250 and 25 (starting res are 25 fuel while WE and US have 15) and with basic income of 5 fuel per min the first scout vehicle comes 2 mins after start of the game or earlier. No other faction will get something like this so early and definately no HT. Paks and boys AT are the only counter. Not even cal 50 jeeps come that early.

I wouldnt mind adding 5 fuel cost for jeeps, bikes etc. I did request it very often already in old forum.

And suppression: jeeps is slightly too much but get fixed. Schwimm and bikes are ok. But i agree that it is weird that these vehicles do suppress enemie inf catching them on fields while tanks or vehicles with more MG´s have non suppression or less strong suppression. I´d like to see actually at least some suppression for all MG´s so far in that game and esspecially tanks. Sure inf would stuck a lot more on ground and cover but isnt it that what they mostly do? Some elites can/could avoid suppression for a while for flanking. vehicles would have the greatest push of such changes as they have to run away currently whenever an enemie squad with zooks or schrecks are arround which makes use of many vehicles pretty hard.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

I agree with you warhauks. in previous forum I suggested that tank hull mg would supress infantry (not instantly ofc) in a 45 degree arc in front of the tank. this was to avoid inf coming up in front of tanks without penalty. if you want suppression for coaxial or turret mg then it could be done but with a munitions cost for each use. I think this would make micro management better with tanks and infantry.

my 2 cents

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I agree with the tank MG very strongly, how does one MG42 suppress better than two? The Panzer IV for example, has 2 MG34's, that fire extremely long bursts, yet have non-existent suppression, yet a single mg42/m1919 on a jeep/Axis light vehicle can suppress very easily, it's madness!
The US Shermans, 3 MG's! And no suppression! Also, those MG's are complete trash, useless, they are unbelievably shite, yet this has never been addressed.

People are too busy fussing about early vehicles than to worry about anything else.