Give 0 CP M10s to All American Doctrines: Poll

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Give all US doctrines a 0 CP M10

Yes
75%
No, keep it the same
25%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 24

Sparrow

Re: Give 0 CP M10s to All American Doctrines: Poll

Post by Sparrow »

Warhawks97 wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 14:02
Sparrow wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 03:56
I vote NO...they are fine with 2 CPs...at least for the infantry
Really?
I would rather make the RL jeep costing CP´s bc thats the real badass unit atm in US armor docs arsenal.

Overall, the cal 50 and RL´s all perform much better than M10´s. If anything i am afraid of, its them, not the m10. I charge into M10´s most of the time without really worrying. Just sometimes they get super lucky with their ambush shot. but thats it.

0 CP is for Armored Company, if you put that for all doctrines is another reason to dont use Armored Company.
lol, really?
I dont play armor doc for M10´s costing 0 CP. I play it for the RL jeep to counter the new early axis vehicle rushes and early tanks at which it super effective.

If i go 1 vs 1 with a tank IV, i prefer the jeep. The M10 gets oneshoted everytime by the targets it should destroy.
The RL jeep however survives most gun counterfire by simply not getting hit.

So
RL Jeep>M10

I play it for having tanks that doesnt have to ammo for getting AP/HE rounds.
I play it for cheap shermans.
I play it for commander arty strikes.
I play it for Veterancy Tanks.

there are dozens of reasons to play this doc and in teamfights its real power comes to shine later and when you have also proper support from mates. It becomes a cruical doc in any attack you do as a team. Its good in destroying inf, medium tanks and when backed up by fireflies you can handle any situation.

The M10 should really not be the reason for picking this doc, lmao.

But indirectly its funny that you actually admit that lots of stuff in the US arsenal is not really competetive compared to other factions when you basically say that everything is crap on this doc.
Sorry Warhawk that is what I think. Its just my opinion, wich is maybe no the best, but Im pretty sure that I´m on the right direction here. Setting the M10 to 1 CP for all doctrines except the Armor is one thing, but 0 CP just like Armored Company is another. You may realise that my friends and I play a lot with allies. When you have played with us (Crow_tattoo, Mefisto, Egungun, Dick_Winters, me) in a 4v4 or 3v3 did you see one of us complaining or getting troubles with your Panzer IV or Stugs in the early game? The answer is no...even using the M10 with 2 CP without Armored Company.

To improve this doctrine I will put the infantry Jumbo with less CPs than the actual abilities tree. Other improve would be the posibility of using both Jackson tank destroyer (I prefer the Jackson of current infantry doctrine, because of his better armor). A combination of both jackson could be letal for axis tanks, but they are expensive units.

I was an Armored Company....always played with that doctrine...but in the current BETA I prefer the Infantry...because they have good infantry units+Shermans+M10+Jackson+satic arty+Priest....they are a very complete doctrine by far in the US Army. I still see the Armored Company as a late game doctrine...

I have the opinion that Armored Doctrine is weak for having delayed its competitive units, not for been a crap. But there is another thing to review in another topic...and is the fact that Luftwaffen BETA sector with their Stukka bombers are OP against all tanks...no matter what...is just one click and BOOM...no micro, no ability, just one click and your tanks are done. it should be like AB or RAFT...those 75mm AT guns equiped in those Stukka bombers should use the micro.
Cheers
Last edited by Sparrow on 12 Jul 2020, 15:48, edited 3 times in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

So, keep CP cost on M10 but dropping CP cost on jumbo in inf doc? You noticed that we increased the jumbo CP cost in inf doc exactly for being not that early available anymore bc in the past it turned inf doc into a better armor doc than armor doc. I think 5 CP is quite decent when its armor would be fixed (its not treated like a heavy tank and thus sides rear hit rolls always pen the jumbo)

The armor on Jacks B is quite similiar to that of Jacks A. A has the armor of a regular sherman basically, the B1 has an armor of an 76 sherman. That means that a tank IV for example pens with 76,65% against the A and 65,152% against the B variant.

So neither should really get into the line of fire.
More important is that B has 700 HP instead of 600 so it wont get oneshoted so easy.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

I think that the Armored Company Jackson use an M10 modified chasis, while the Infantry Doctrine Jackson use a 76 Sherman chasis. Maybe I should give another choice to Armored Company, maybe I should change the way I develop the ability tree...
Last edited by Sparrow on 12 Jul 2020, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Walderschmidt wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 23:09
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:56
Voted NO.

Not long ago; during the earlier stages of the BETA... Stug4 was added as an unlock to WH docs, as players believed such effective TDs shouldn't be available without CP requirement.. now, what TDs Axis get by default except the Marder?? M10 is surely superior in every single way.
I appreciate you telling me why.

How is the M10 superior? It has no anti-inf ability and is a glass cannon like the marder. Maybe the Marder should be looked at if you think it is so inferior to the M10z

Wald
Walder, my friend, M10 is a tank with the ability of running faster and flank the enemy unit...maybe 1 CP is more fair than 0 CP...because you can reach Stug IV with 1 CP I think

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

M10 is a powerfull armor have pretty good abilities, camouflage, flank speed, Ap and become even more efective if you make more than 2, using them like a wolf pack; It should cost cp either 1 or 2.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

thing is when you use it with flank speed that your turret isnt quick enough. So often i end up trying somehow to turn chassis/turret so that i can actually make a shot. But else its difficult to effectively use its speed except for going out of the combat zone. Just a small degree off with your aim and the tank gets killed before having the gun adjusted.

So camo is the only thing its good in and even then your chances to pen anything isnt that great.

if the 76 would be fixed once and for all, 1 CP would look fair.

And nope, Jacks A is like a normal sherman and jacks B is basically an e8. It used to have its own tt but got changed into sherman.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

MEFISTO wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 19:16
M10 is a powerfull armor have pretty good abilities, camouflage, flank speed, Ap and become even more efective if you make more than 2, using them like a wolf pack; It should cost cp either 1 or 2.
That's why I suggested delaying the abilities behind a CP wall still. Without them, the m10 is a turd with a 76mm so making it 0CP isn't unreasonable.

The jackson definitely shouldn't be available for less CP, it should just be fixed so that it is actually cost effective.

As said above, I seriously doubt anyone plays armor for 0CP M10's. They're really not that good.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Voted yes
Nerf Mencius