[BETA] Panzer Support should get 'Assault' Ability for their offensive tanks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Should Panzer Support Doctrine's Panzer-Support Kommand Tanks get an 'Assault' Ability?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 6

MenciusMoldbug

[BETA] Panzer Support should get 'Assault' Ability for their offensive tanks

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

I've had this idea for sometime, and seeing as how people complain that Panzer Support is a very 'campy' doctrine I've been thinking of how to make at least if you down the 'tank-line' for them.

For the context, the ability I'm talking about is the one the Stug 3 has which is this:

StuGIII "Assault" ability: All Grenadiers and Stormtroopers in radius of "20":
- take 30% less damage
- are 75% harder to suppress
My main reason for this ability is mainly to stop AOE suppression from pinning infantry squads near your tanks so quickly if they decide to shoot the tank itself instead of the infantry around them. It makes it very hard to actually use the 'aura' buffs around tanks unless you make sure to clear out any sort of unit that could cause an AOE suppression effect from the area (even an M4 sherman with suppressive fire shooting it's machineguns at a tank can pin a squad a near them). This is mainly to stop that and to encourage PE players to keep their infantry around tanks when they are going on the attack against targets such as an HMG/HMG Emplacement. I talked more about this here if anyone is interested in the numbers and/or my thoughts expand on this.

Walderschmidt

Re: [BETA] Panzer Support should get 'Assault' Ability for their offensive tanks

Post by Walderschmidt »

I support this.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Re: [BETA] Panzer Support should get 'Assault' Ability for their offensive tanks

Post by CGarr »

In terms of counterplay, how would you deal with this? MG's would obviously suck, any allied anti-inf capable tank would be countered by the multi-role tanks that this ability comes with, and I dont see US inf winning a gunfight vs PE inf with the PS doc buffs.

I voted in favor of assault, I'm just curious as to how it would be countered. If it doesn't have a good counter then I wouldn't support its addition.