[BETA] Canada 76 - BeutePz

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

[BETA] Canada 76 - BeutePz

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Canadian 76 Shermans should no longer be call-in units.. as they should be deploy-able from armor truck, with a limit of 2 at a time.
Same for BeutePanzer call-in of SE doc, both the Firefly and the captured 76 Sherman should be available in tank factory.. with a limit of 1 for each.

Warhawks97

Re: [BETA] Canada 76 - BeutePz

Post by Warhawks97 »

Why does CW need 76 shermans in the first place? Except for the cal 50 on top. In terms of armor they have better stuff and in terms of anti tank they also have better stuff.

I guess the only reason people go for it is the fact that you get two multirole tanks for 0 fuel and MP costs that are lower as for a US player building 76 shermans.

If this unit becomes a build unit with fuel cost and standard price, it could be just as well removed. Thats what i would say.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Warhawks97 wrote:
14 May 2020, 12:35
Why does CW need 76 shermans in the first place? Except for the cal 50 on top. In terms of armor they have better stuff and in terms of anti tank they also have better stuff.

I guess the only reason people go for it is the fact that you get two multirole tanks for 0 fuel and MP costs that are lower as for a US player building 76 shermans.

If this unit becomes a build unit with fuel cost and standard price, it could be just as well removed. Thats what i would say.
I agree with warhawks on this in regards to the CW 76 shermans, I doubt I'd ever build them if they had a fuel cost and I generally only use them when I know I'm going to be low on fuel and need a solution for dealing with P4's or maybe stugs. Unless you get lucky with RNG, they're generally not great for dealing with anything bigger. As for why you get 2 at once instead of one at a lower cost, they'd be really easy to spam if you could get them piecemeal. Having to drop 700 mp on them makes it less of a non-decision, as if you could get them 1 by one as call-ins they'd probably be a bit too good.

As for the beutepanzers, I could see them being buildable in the tank building. I personally don't like the randomness of that call-in even though I use it pretty often, a single 76 sherman is kind of a ripoff for that much MP. The firefly is fair at that price since it can kill pretty much any allied tank. I have no preference on them being call-ins vs being buildable though, my only gripe is the randomness.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Actually, i would definitely still deploy it... The entire CW faction doesn't have ANY single tank with top MG gunner, so the 76 Sherman would be a great early game investment with HE rounds and 50.cal with suppression ability.

For some reason at the moment, the 76 Canadian Shermans don't have suppression ability though.. unlike the US 76 Shermans.
Beute 76 Sherman also doesn't have suppression ability for some reason.. however; they should all have the suppression ability when no longer call-in.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
14 May 2020, 19:36
Actually, i would definitely still deploy it... The entire CW faction doesn't have ANY single tank with top MG gunner, so the 76 Sherman would be a great early game investment with HE rounds and 50.cal with suppression ability.

For some reason at the moment, the 76 Canadian Shermans don't have suppression ability though.. unlike the US 76 Shermans.
Beute 76 Sherman also doesn't have suppression ability for some reason.. however; they should all have the suppression ability when no longer call-in.
Then that's an issue with CW armor lacking any means of suppression, not the canadian tank call-in. I'd rather see the changes described in this thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3617 than have CW be forced to use a US tank if they want the ability to suppress stuff, as the 3 nations in this game have pretty unique armor rosters and it would be a shame to force one to use the other's tanks because it's own are lacking a basic functionality. Note, I said 3 nations because PE is still german despite representing a different part of their military, and there is only so much variation one nation can have in its military, although PE still manages to have a pretty unique roster by making use of different variants of the same vehicles.