[BETA] M8 Scott

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

[BETA] M8 Scott

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

M8 Scott is shooting AP shells... The problem might be in the gun values, or the scatter.
it should be shooting effective HE shells as it used to do in the past!

CGarr

Re: [BETA] M8 Scott

Post by CGarr »

Is this a bug or intended? The shells acts like HE for me, it might just do both and not have an HE/AP toggle (instead having AoE damage on a normal "AP" shot). Not sure if you're going off of in game performance or something in corsix.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is hard to say what is meant here by "AP shells". I would say that the main difference between AP and HE is that HE has AoE and AP doesn't. If so then quick check showed nothing out of order compared to other HE weapons - it has AoE damage, lowered damage against armored targets...

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

MarKr wrote:
14 May 2020, 17:29
It is hard to say what is meant here by "AP shells". I would say that the main difference between AP and HE is that HE has AoE and AP doesn't. If so then quick check showed nothing out of order compared to other HE weapons - it has AoE damage, lowered damage against armored targets...
In game it performs as such, so I'm thinking Tiger might've run into a bug? Not sure.

Krieger Blitzer

What i mean is; the Scott cannon doesn't shoot the same shells as in 5.1.7 but now the AoE and damage seem significantly weaker in the beta.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I think it got nerfed at one point given it's effectiveness and relative cost, though now that Shermans are the way they are there's little point in not getting Sherman M4.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Walderschmidt wrote:
15 May 2020, 02:20
I think it got nerfed at one point given it's effectiveness and relative cost, though now that Shermans are the way they are there's little point in not getting Sherman M4.

Wald
I vaguely remember that? Though I'm struggling to find the patch when that occurred...

If this is the case, if the m8 scott is too weak as a cannon, is the 75mm howitzer too weak too?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Nah, just the M8 Scott.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
14 May 2020, 17:29
Perhaps its just a small type somehwere in the ebps weapons file.

Remember the 50 mm Puma that fired the AP despite HE activation? There was just a small mistake in the reference like a missing "/" or "_"

Check the weapons in the ebps file and see if the reference has no typo.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The thing with 50mm Puma was that its normal weapon fired as intended and the HE was referenced wrongly and so when the HE ability was activated, the standard weapon was still used (because the game couldn't find the "substitute" weapon so it just kept the one already in use). Scott does not change its weapons, if the main weapon file was missing(or not found), the unit wouldn't shoot at all. It is not like when the game cannot locate the referenced weapon file it just assigns a random one.

EDIT: A quick test against AI
Here they were clustered together when repairing the brige but an "AP" shot wouldn't have this effect:
20200515135658_1.jpg
These two were against Fallshirmjägers (so, more HP than basic infantry) - no cover so there was some spacing between the soldiers, yet a single shot easily took down 3 soldiers
20200515135925_1.jpg
20200515140155_1.jpg
Here are Assault Grens, again there was no cover so they had spacing between them.
20200515140247_1.jpg
The howitzer can miss - only the shot against the PGrens repairing the bridge was first-shot-hit, the others were 2nd or 3rd shot. Also, it is a 75mm howitzer, so it has smaller AoE than the 105mm Sherman or similar units with higher-calibre weapons.

Krieger Blitzer

Here is how the Scott shell looks like in the current version:
Untitled.png
Radius looks more massive compared to the BETA, so.. has the gun changed??

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The shot was changed - now it has radius of 10 (used to be 7) and deals more damage at the center of the AoE but the damage drop off in the AoE is also more gradual compared to the previous setting where it had no damage drop off from about half of the radius to the edge.

The visual has been changed too, we can put it back, but it won't change the damage output of the gun in any way. The visual plays no difference, we can have normal Volksgren shots have same visual on impact as Sturmtiger rocket and still keep their current damage.