Lufftwaffe new tank proposition - KV I C 756 (r) -

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Stormtrooper

Lufftwaffe new tank proposition - KV I C 756 (r) -

Post by Stormtrooper »

As the new patch v 5.1.8c is coming out maybe as the allies got some new units, the axis is ready to get some new units.

KV I C 756 (r) - is a heavy tank and have some "balance" similarities with Panther that is used in the late game by Panzer Elite Lufftwaffe doc.

In real life it was captured by Germans and was updated with 75 mm KwK40 L48 cannon (similar to Tiger II p aka. "King Tiger")

I know it's a new and hard work but it will get some refreshment and bring players to test new vehicle.

Is it possible to we see any new tenk on the Axis side as well?
Attachments
1433_84818-0.jpg
1093_rd.jpg
1537_2_HBB84818_7.jpg

CGarr

Re: Lufftwaffe new tank proposition - KV I C 756 (r) -

Post by CGarr »

If you can make an in game model and animations for it, implementation might be considered, but generally speaking, I think the dev team isn't taking unit suggestions that require the implementation of new models. This thing would actually be interesting to see, although it'd be pretty out of place in BK since it'd be a stolen russian tank from the eastern front on western front battlefields without a russian faction.

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Well I would like to see any new tank as I said but KV was just some minor suggestion.

I think they are busy with balance and just mixing units into doc's that are already in the previous version. It's is important job to do but for some new look and also making the players to play by wanting to test new vehicle introducing a little bit of new units is good as well.

P.S Italian tanks are considered also. (for Africa 43 add-on)

P.S 2 I'm new at modelig and stuff for moding but if I learn it how, I would gladly take part to it.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Axis already has captured Allied stuff; such as the 76 Sherman/Firefly in SE doc, thus... i would hope to see a captured Panther tank in RE doc as a reward of Croc Churchill on the other hand.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22

Again, its not an issue with the idea so much as just an issue with implementation being a pain in the ass since nobody on the team (that I know of) is making new unique models for units.

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Yes, they do, but I was thinking about any new models and we like Axis mostly becuse of their tanks and that is why I suggest some new tanks and again the KV was just a minor proposition.

That topic Cgarr was from 2014 and now is 2020 and even though we got some changes and new units, so don't get me wrong they are not something that cause the effect "Dude, there is a new tank on Blitzkreig, you have to see it and try it!" and by mine opinion it is a good way to make new players coming and keeping the one that are playing to stay, get some refreshment and test vehicle. That is all!

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Stormtrooper wrote:
13 May 2020, 22:02
Yes, they do, but I was thinking about any new models and we like Axis mostly becuse of their tanks and that is why I suggest some new tanks and again the KV was just a minor proposition.

That topic Cgarr was from 2014 and now is 2020 and even though we got some changes and new units, so don't get me wrong they are not something that cause the effect "Dude, there is a new tank on Blitzkreig, you have to see it and try it!" and by mine opinion it is a good way to make new players coming and keeping the one that are playing to stay, get some refreshment and test vehicle. That is all!
Dude. I'm not disagreeing with you that it'd be cool to see, I myself have brought up adding new tanks as well like the panzer 2. I'm telling you from experience that what was said in the post I linked was directly repeated to me by a dev team member when I made said suggestions. As far as I know (its been like 5 months since I asked but I don't think anything has changed in terms of this policy), they don't have someone working on models for new units. I think one guy on the team might have the tools, but the last model he posted was just a updated version of the pershing.

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Well the new persh on 5.1.8v is really looking great. Let's hope they or him will do some more great jobs.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

CGarr wrote:
14 May 2020, 01:07
As far as I know (its been like 5 months since I asked but I don't think anything has changed in terms of this policy), they don't have someone working on models for new units. I think one guy on the team might have the tools, but the last model he posted was just a updated version of the pershing.
It wasn't a person from the team. The SP/Pershing model was made by person called Halftrack. He knows how to make models but he is a very busy person and he was working on the Pershing/SP for about two years - working on it when he found some spare time for it. The devs don't have the knowledge to make new models but the thing is that we already have many models and some of them people don't use because there is some other unit that has similar role but is overall better. It is not very practical to keep adding units that will be seldomly used.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

MarKr wrote:
14 May 2020, 13:33
CGarr wrote:
As far as I know (its been like 5 months since I asked but I don't think anything has changed in terms of this policy), they don't have someone working on models for new units. I think one guy on the team might have the tools, but the last model he posted was just a updated version of the pershing.
It wasn't a person from the team. The SP/Pershing model was made by person called Halftrack. He knows how to make models but he is a very busy person and he was working on the Pershing/SP for about two years - working on it when he found some spare time for it. The devs don't have the knowledge to make new models but the thing is that we already have many models and some of them people don't use because there is some other unit that has similar role but is overall better. It is not very practical to keep adding units that will be seldomly used.
Further proving my point I guess. On a side note, if you guys are interested in getting any new models into the mod, I've got a decent amount of free time to take a shot at modeling if you know where I could the modeling tools. Only thing stopping me right now is not being able to find a copy (for free or for sale) of the necessary version of 3DS MAX to work with the plugins that allow for importing of the filetype coh models use. I'd assume this is probably something more fitting to ask Halftrack about, but I'm not really sure where to contact him. Does he have a modDB page or anything like that where I could leave a message?

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

CGarr wrote:
14 May 2020, 17:29
MarKr wrote:
14 May 2020, 13:33
CGarr wrote:
Further proving my point I guess. On a side note, if you guys are interested in getting any new models into the mod, I've got a decent amount of free time to take a shot at modeling if you know where I could the modeling tools. Only thing stopping me right now is not being able to find a copy (for free or for sale) of the necessary version of 3DS MAX to work with the plugins that allow for importing of the filetype coh models use. I'd assume this is probably something more fitting to ask Halftrack about, but I'm not really sure where to contact him. Does he have a modDB page or anything like that where I could leave a message?
I would gladly offer my time as well at modeling but the thing is that I need someone to show me how. :D
I have a decent amount of time that I can spent on that. :geek:

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It's not that we don't want your help with modeling, but we are extremely hesitant to take on work from inexperienced modelers. A bad model can lead to bad perfmance issues, game crashes, weird animation constraints, etc.

If you have a model, sure I guess we can review it... but honestly why are new units really necessary where an existing unit of similar class and role is available? You said it yourself. What purpose does this unit serve when it's "balanced" like a panther? It's just a panther with a skin. Why not just use a panther? And if it IS different than a panther... then how would it impact the balance of the game we already have so many issues balancing with the current set of units?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

kwok wrote:
15 May 2020, 04:37
It's not that we don't want your help with modeling, but we are extremely hesitant to take on work from inexperienced modelers. A bad model can lead to bad perfmance issues, game crashes, weird animation constraints, etc.

If you have a model, sure I guess we can review it... but honestly why are new units really necessary where an existing unit of similar class and role is available? You said it yourself. What purpose does this unit serve when it's "balanced" like a panther? It's just a panther with a skin. Why not just use a panther? And if it IS different than a panther... then how would it impact the balance of the game we already have so many issues balancing with the current set of units?
Well If you put KV I C 756 (r) in the game for Lufft you can first at the mid game use KV-1B with 76 mm F-32 cannon and a weaker hull armor than KV I C 756 (r).
KV-1B should be usfull against infatry and light vehicles as it should be in the line with them and not OP (CW have recce scout car, daimler, tetrarch, crusader MK AA and Cromwell and USA have those M24, M4 Sherman, M5A1 Stuart, M10, etc. light vehicles).

After that you need to upgrade the cannon of it for some cost of ammo and man power ( 76 mm F-32 cannon to 75 mm KwK40 L48 cannon) and upgrade hull armor as well with cost of some additional man power and fuel and than you unlock KV I C 756 (r).

KV-1B sholud have ability of switching to HE for some duration of time.
KV I C 756 (r) should have ability of mg focused fire after lvl 2 and not from the start. Also, maybe the "Mark target" as well.

KV I C 756 (r) should be a heavy tank rank as it was with Tigers and Panthers. You mainly use them for the long range defending and of course slow engine for the heavy tank.

Diffrence for balancing instead of Panter should be that the Panters are much more agile and have much more speed and destructive power over Allied tanks and with one of best infatry in game Lufft is a little, but just a little bit OP with good inf and good heavy tanks if you compared to the AIR doc where the best one is M18.

I am not saying about "balancing with the current set of units" is bad because the units are bad but I think we just need a pair of new units.
This is just a proposition and not "must have" and at most required unit.

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Is this topic still on? :D

Some new vehicles introduce to the Blitzkreig mod? :roll: