AA Weapon Tweaks and Standardizations

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

How should 20mm flak guns, Quad 50cals, and all other weapons inbetween be balanced?

Buff 20mm flak guns more towards 50cal quads against planes only
39%
Nerf 50cal quads more towards 20mm flak guns against planes only
17%
Buff 20mm flak guns and nerf 50cal quads against planes only
44%

Total votes: 18

kwok
Team Member

AA Weapon Tweaks and Standardizations

Post by kwok »

Hello all,

We noticed a great disparity in various DEDICATED AA units in their ability to shoot planes down. One such example is the difference between the quad halftrack available for allies and the 20mm flak for axis. The numbers behind them are quite different, but is there an actual "game feel" difference?

All planes have similar durability (only SOME exceptions). How should the AA units be balanced? These are changes to PLANES ONLY
Last edited by kwok on 05 Mar 2020, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

CGarr

Re: AA Weapon Tweaks and Standardizations

Post by CGarr »

Could probably make a seperate post about it, but I'm curious as to how people would feel about making AA units stronger across the board but making airstrikes significantly cheaper with maybe a slightly shorter cooldown. Might give air doc players more to do and give more incentive to build AA (allies can get away with not building it even against luft and a lot of common axis units serve as multirole against air and ground). Would make possibly also further extend vehicle stage since AA would be more vital and tanks might have to wait unless you want to gamble (more macro diversity).

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

CGarr wrote:Could probably make a seperate post about it, but I'm curious as to how people would feel about making AA units stronger across the board but making airstrikes significantly cheaper with maybe a slightly shorter cooldown. Might give air doc players more to do and give more incentive to build AA (allies can get away with not building it even against luft and a lot of common axis units serve as multirole against air and ground). Would make possibly also further extend vehicle stage since AA would be more vital and tanks might have to wait unless you want to gamble (more macro diversity).

+1 agree

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I know its poll and we arent supposed to write here, but..

on Beta, airstrikes are significantly less effective, sending plane was gamble, which now is even more of. When or if you make Axis AA's even better, this will completely deny AB faction.
Henshels are not an issue on BETA concept, just nerf quad50, dont make mistake for this voting again.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Beta, airstrikes are significantly less effective, sending plane was gamble, which now is even more of.
Henschels are significantly less effective because now it is one plane instead of 4-5 and AB got the patrol removed and replaced by a plane with rockets. People have reported that the rocket planes are not very effective so there will be some tweaks to this type of airstrike (both for US and CW) to be a bit better.

So somewhat better air protection could be placed in to compensate for the improvement, however, 2 or 3 M16 can provide pretty solid AA cover even in the mobile mode. When you vote you should consider if you really want (when playing against but also AS air doc) 2-3 relatively cheap units to shoot down majority of planes and so deny substantial part of AB, RAF and Luft unlocks.

My personal opinion is that the last of the 3 options is the best because M16s are currently very strong AA units and most 20mm flaks are relatively poor AA units. If we go the middle way then 20mm flaks will be a bit better against planes, M16 will be a bit worse (but still good + still have the static mode) but over all it won't lead to a situation where few cheap units annihilate most planes nor to a situation where AA is pointless and planes can fly with very little risk to them.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Well, if Henshel is just one plane now, even a single quad50 will be able to kill in like nothing, here i agree, it is powerfull.

Then yea, knowing all this, i'd say option 3 is only aplicable.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:I know its poll and we arent supposed to write here, but..

on Beta, airstrikes are significantly less effective, sending plane was gamble, which now is even more of. When or if you make Axis AA's even better, this will completely deny AB faction.
Henshels are not an issue on BETA concept, just nerf quad50, dont make mistake for this voting again.
+1 this make sense, I think 50 AA needs to be Nerf and 20mm needs to be buff but just a bit to give airborne luwaffe and RAF a chance with their Air strikes. I can’t change my vote but, I think the 3rd It’s the best option.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I had voted for the first bc i didnt take enough time to think about it. Just wanted to say that i would also prefer the second or third option.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

You guys can update your votes now.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Mantis

Post by Mantis »

3 is OK for me, as ILPB said.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

3rd option for me.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I hate airplanes so I want any buff for any kind of anti air, so option 1 for me.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!