Crew eject capability

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
JiMilitia

Crew eject capability

Post by JiMilitia »

Hi guys,
Another thing that I’d like to put out there is to have it possible for crews in fixed defences ejectable (like in garrisoned buildings) so that they can be re enforced/re crewed without having to wait until they’re all dead.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Re: Crew eject capability

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Interesting. The post title actually made me think of the tank commander who does get ejected. I did not get a screenshot but he does not take the tank experience with him.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

This is something doable in company of heroes 2 as a core function but company of heroes 1.

The tank commander has it's own independent XP not tied to the tank itself. If you eject a tank commander it does not take the tank experience with him unless the commander was in the tank itself during the time the experience was gained. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that a tank commander with no experience jumps into a tank with vet 2 experience, then after five seconds of sitting in the tank without going into combat immediately jumps out of the tank with vet 2 experience.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I think what JiMilitia proposed is a fresh idea.

Besides reinforcing your crews, you could also evacuate a vetted emplacement crew from soon to be overrun positions.

A possible problem with this mechanic is free squad splitting. E.g. you could recrew something with 3 models of an expensive or even limited squad, then eject again and voila -- 2 equal squads with 3 men each that can be cheaply reinforced to full size.
Nightmarish visions of cloned SAS hordes inbound..