Long Barreled Tanks in Defensive Doctrine.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
JiMilitia

Long Barreled Tanks in Defensive Doctrine.

Post by JiMilitia »

Hi guys,

As requested by Kwok in an earlier thread, I'm now posting separately some idea's about the lack of Long Barreled Tanks in Defensive Doctrine.

I'm putting this up because I feel the doctrine lacks a fully transversable Turreted Tank with decent Tank destroying power that can be used later in a game when attacking. Even though the doctrine is about defense, you still need to attack eventually to take out the enemies base in order to win, inevitably encountering enemy Tanks in the process.

1. Add an optional Long Barrel 75mm Gun upgrade to the Panzer IV (PzKpfw.IV Ausf.E), and when this is selected , it cancels the HE shell availability for that particular unit and vice versa (if the HE shell upgrade is selected , it then cancels the Long Barrel upgrade availability accordingly). The AP shell upgrade option can remain as is.

2. Another way around this would be to have the Panzer IV long barrel version available as a separate unit that can be built in the Panzer Factory instead, with optional side armour upgrades (like the Sturmpanzer). Even add the Heavy Panzer Factory as a build-able building if there's no slots available.

3. Replace the Elefant with either a Panther or Tiger, or make it switchable in pre-game options.
Last edited by JiMilitia on 10 Feb 2020, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

CGarr

Re: Long Barreled Tanks in Defensive Doctrine.

Post by CGarr »

jagdpazners aren't that hard to push with, lack of a turret is annoying but assuming you've established a front already, you basically just pick a side of your frontline and close from that side diagonally. I'd be down for a reward unit on the Elefant though

Warhawks97

Re: Long Barreled Tanks in Defensive Doctrine.

Post by Warhawks97 »

If anything there could be a Panzer IV J. But idk, doesnt this doc has the F2 since it became a standard unit?

Panthers and Tigers would be over the top in this doc with all the crazy defensive that can be provided as back ups and save heavens to these tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt