BETA - CW - Early 6 pdr AT gun

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Lionelus

BETA - CW - Early 6 pdr AT gun

Post by Lionelus »

Hello

6 pdr AT gun, available right at the start in CW HQ, seems a bit early

Making it available after lieutenant would be a solution

What does the community think about this ?

Warhawks97

Re: BETA - CW - Early 6 pdr AT gun

Post by Warhawks97 »

it might indeed be a bit early. But at the other hand i still have great hopes that AT rifles will get an overhaul and will be less sort of an "one man portable AT gun" or "pocket AT gun" and instead a support tool or upgrade for certain infantry units to have some means to deter enemie vehicles while AT guns will carry the brunt of the anti tank and anti vehicle capabilties. If that happens, strong core AT for brits would be required to prevent being rushed away from the map early on.

So, i see this as a chance to make AT rifle rework possible.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

I agree with hawks on this, I'd rather see AT rifles reworked than the AT gun being moved.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Okay. So then how?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The original post says it "seems too early". Why exactly? The 6pounder can one-shot light vehicles but it needs to highest damage roll, mostly it will take about 2/3 of HP from targets such as HTs, IF it hits and this is a big "if" because the accuracy of that thing is pretty mediocre.
In terms of raw damage it is more powerful than BOYS but also less mobile because of setup and teardown times and slower speed, cannot retreat or cap points and if it misses it can be easily outmaneuvered and crew killed.
What is specifically the problem here? Does it somehow hamper Axis build options in early game? Does it render some Axis units useless in early game? Does it make CW OP in early game? Why is the 6pounder such a problem when the Axis 50mm gun is more powerful and can be literally the first unit they build - both PE and WM.