My next patch wishes (fast, effective and easy to do):

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Wolf
Administrator

Re: My next patch wishes (fast, effective and easy to do):

Post by Wolf »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:One more time, f*ck Johnsons limit! (Btw, why all thinks that they have 6 mg? 5 max actually.

Because they CAN have 6.
And one more time, you will be able to buy 2x johnson and 2x BAR. Like you can now, if you don't upgrade at once.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

And still - Johnson and BAR are almost the same weapons stat-wise. Iirc Johnson has longer burst by 2 shots and slightly more damage (+1) everything else is the same except for Johnson consumes one slot while BAR consumes two which is also weird that better weapon takes less slots. Honestly I don't recall any other upgradable weapons that would have so similar performance and yet both of them are assigned to the same unit.

That's like giving Grease gun upgrade and MP40 upgrade option to the same unit - same weapon purpose similar stats (though MP40's performance difference is more noticable)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

IIRC everybody called johnson crap and wanted to add BAR, so BAR was added, as it wasn't that bad idea :)
I think BAR is a bit better than Johnson, BAR has better suppression atleast and fires "faster"?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:And still - Johnson and BAR are almost the same weapons stat-wise. Iirc Johnson has longer burst by 2 shots and slightly more damage (+1) everything else is the same except for Johnson consumes one slot while BAR consumes two which is also weird that better weapon takes less slots. Honestly I don't recall any other upgradable weapons that would have so similar performance and yet both of them are assigned to the same unit.

That's like giving Grease gun upgrade and MP40 upgrade option to the same unit - same weapon purpose similar stats (though MP40's performance difference is more noticable)

"only +1 more damage"..... per bullet? just count how many of these "only +1" are made when a squad has only two of them fireing some bursts.... it can quickly raise up to a nice difference which can decide between win and lose (thats why i hate this differences in damage per bullet between an axis rifle mauser 8 mm and an allied 30-06 for example when it should be pretty equal. At the first look its like having 2-3 damage more or less damage than the other side but when then checking and calculating what it actually means you will quickly realize what a nice damage different occures in a short time when 6 men of each side just made a few salvos/shots).

Also Johnson removal demand was carried by realism issues mainly and all though BAR=Johnson at a time where nobody played AB doc at all.

Just as alternative thinking. If you reduce the number the ammount of lmgs and taking away that what makes the 101st somehow usefull and dangerous then you really have to think about cost reduction.... i am talking about -100 mp as they are not more than airdropped rifle squads... even worth with their carabines.

Also the supportive character needs to be more appealing. For example pak drop should not requre supply drop unlock and allowing better flexibility of this doc able to call stuff that is needed at any stage of the game without pointless unlocks of stuff that isnt needed yet. Also the "reccons" are crazy expensive for 180 mp. They can be dropped everywhere, ok, but they have no binoculars and they are just there to call in weapons and stuff which have already extra drop cost when compared to the normal produced "brothers".

So if you remove the 6 lmg in one squad thing then increase the docs flexibility (more independent unlocks of drops and cheaper "reccon drops") and the 101st as kind of airdropped rifles with reduced cost to maintain the 101st as AB backbone if this is not done by 6 lmgs. Also possible is that this doc has some better recconassaince. Then the cost of 180 mp for the two guys (which are not more than a "building that produces stuff" can stay but added binoculars and maybe binoclar ability added to the M20 scout vehicle in this doc. Air drop operations could be better prepared that way combined with cheaper 101st drop (350-170 mp). Currently when trying dangerous missions behind enemie lines it is a very costly strategy dropping only a bunch of expensive trash there which quickly get slaughtered by cheap grens and neblers and sd2).

That way the 101st wouldnt be everything in this doc anymore but in return the 101st would be better supported by support weapons and recconassaince which also supports the team then.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 27 Feb 2015, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

One thing has to be clear here, if you don't make upgrades at once, you can already buy only 2+2. So being able to upgrade 6 is a bug, not a feature and there are people playing it WITHOUT exploiting the bug. Saying that 3 people are playing airborne is pure blindness.
Carbines will get a small buff in next patch.
BAR != Johnson. Or it should not be, if it somehow is similar.

crimax

Post by crimax »

Warhawks97 wrote:@crimax: who says that terror is good but expensive doc? OO... That describes rather the entire german style. Terror can be done by cheap stuff as well.

I generally don't like to talk back especially on arguments that I consider silly but, when I read considerations like this I think that something should be explained:
If you answer to me that Terror Doc wasn't the Expensive/Late Game Doctrine then I think that there is something wrong or maybe you simply forgotten a so basic thing.
ALWAYS Terror Doc was considered the "expensive but good units" doctrine, always.
Generally units in it came late in game and if player played the right way, then he got "change the game" units.
In past, before Opposing Fronts, I mean before Brit and PE armies, KCHs costing 700MP, they were the most expensive infantry units in the mod. King Tiger was the most expensive tank unit in the mod.
This was the spirit of the Terror Doctrine, its backbone, its way to be. Play this doc was a “sacrifice” for the player and team in early/mid game.
I don't want to talk about "Propaganda Doctrine" Project, it was a totally change of mind about Terror Doc, with its pros and cons, like always.
---
Now, I absolutely don't care about KCHs yer/not again, it's gone, gone BUT I surely didn't threaten to leave the community when KCHs were removed OR SuperPershng was introduced OR when I got warnings by previous BK Team, this is just a cry-baby behavior and demonstrate that there are player that like to win BUT this doesn't necessarily mean they like to play in a community of supportes. They only want to be on the top not between us AND this is normal and acceptable by me BUT only if we share ideas (right or wrong) AND respect between us.

Are good and skilled players necessarily good game modders/balancers ?
No they aren't.
They can simply improve the units or the docs they play, fucking the rest, OR just because they are selfish. Possible ?

Is there here someone that can play all doctrines and all armies at the highest level ?
No there isn't.

Is there here someone that knows everything?
... .. .
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Agreed, but I'd maybe say that terror wasn't only about to get the most expensive units, but get the best units - like crimax said, KCH and KT.
KT is still there, still bouncing even some APs and allies focusing on it heavily. Grenadiers are cheaper for sure, but as they are not that good as KCH, they are imho still the best grenadiers of all doctrines, 3xMP44 for free with additional 2 possible? Suppression reduce, flame nades, VT? Yeah, def doc grenadiers are good too, but I don't think that much now.
So yes, removing KCH changed Terror playstyle a bit ofcourse, instead of 2 KCH units, you usually have around 3 grenadier squads - 1200 MP instead of 1320 and you have to care about them more, requiring a bit more skill from the player.
However Terror is still about the expensive - KT / great units - Grenadiers.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

In general it makes for me kinda little sense to have mega expensive inf squads. I mean what justifys such cost for inf? right, HP and armor... and at a certain point that makes little sense as a human keeps a human... expensive inf squads just results in bulletproof soldiers as they have to fight alone for a long time... means low skills required so far.

Expensive tanks do make sense, yeah, but super expensive inf results in stupid behaviour of those. Terror was for me partly expensive units but also dangerous stuff for cheap cost (nebelwerfer). For me its rather a mix of good units, expensive unit but also cheaper and effective units.

The only doc that was for me pure expensive but strong was the old PE (Elite) Armor doc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt