Stuart/Chaffe Reward

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Stuart and Chaffe both available to build (non-reward)

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes: 11

mofetagalactica

Stuart/Chaffe Reward

Post by mofetagalactica »

Less reward, more gameplay.

Walderschmidt

Re: Stuart/Chaffe Reward

Post by Walderschmidt »

Yes.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Constantino

Post by Constantino »

Stuart should be available before expanded production; Chaffe unlocked after.

Viper

Post by Viper »

pershing ace and super pershing should be available together. (they need 11 command points in the beta, so.........)

tiger1 early version and late version too.....
tiger1 late version will require ungraded production just like ace tiger, but early version available straight away.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I just want to warn players this is a double edged sword. reward units is a tradeoff decision where you can get better/worse variants of units that helps prevent snowballing. For example, a good player might choose to take the weaker variant so that they have access to some capability for a lower fuel cost in case they might be losing a game. If the units are no longer behind a reward wall, then that player still holds that safe option WHILE still having the option to bank on their advantage to roll out a stronger unit. This overall only benefits the winning player from a pure comparison of options standpoint.

We usually make decisions to have reward units based on units with similar roles but a tradeoff in strength or utility.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

kwok wrote:I just want to warn players this is a double edged sword. reward units is a tradeoff decision where you can get better/worse variants of units that helps prevent snowballing. For example, a good player might choose to take the weaker variant so that they have access to some capability for a lower fuel cost in case they might be losing a game. If the units are no longer behind a reward wall, then that player still holds that safe option WHILE still having the option to bank on their advantage to roll out a stronger unit. This overall only benefits the winning player from a pure comparison of options standpoint.

We usually make decisions to have reward units based on units with similar roles but a tradeoff in strength or utility.
seems like the mayority of players dosn't like blocking units behind rewards at all, mostly when we're talking about light-medium vehicles.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Sure, just letting people know the impacts of the decision... not sure whether we do it or not as of now, but we get the message. Still worried about balance.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

no matter what, i doubt that anyone will get stuart and chaffe in a row. One who payed 340 MP on stuart wont buy a 400 MP for chaffe shortly after it. Why should someone? If the stuart serves mid game, people will use it to carry on for shermans and wont by a chaffe when a stuart is still alive. So i dont see big issues here. Same goes for the majority of so called reward units.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Warhawks97 wrote:no matter what, i doubt that anyone will get stuart and chaffe in a row. One who payed 340 MP on stuart wont buy a 400 MP for chaffe shortly after it. Why should someone? If the stuart serves mid game, people will use it to carry on for shermans and wont by a chaffe when a stuart is still alive. So i dont see big issues here. Same goes for the majority of so called reward units.
This is a good point. As for the argument of it being a balance decision to make people choose before the game starts, that notion makes no sense if you consider the fact that most people just choose whichever one they find more fun to use since there's no way to know if you're going to want a chaffee or stuart before the game starts. If it's to force build planning , that seems counterproductive since a lot of the recent balance discussions have shown that people generally prefer being at least a little fluid with their builds, and those who don't generally aren't the type to spend fuel on a light tank anyways (speaking from experience, won't namedrop anyone here but im willing to talk about it on discord).

Constantino

Post by Constantino »

I personally would like to see all reward units removed as there are plenty of space to fit all units in between the 12 doctrines. Reward units basically just reward players for guessing what unit would be more useful prior to a match beginning than allowing a player to pick a unit which would serve a given situation best.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

When the choice is a good infantry killer vs a bad infantry killer that is slightly better at killing vehicles with better options. Then people should always pick stuart, unless enemies are spamming alot of light vehicles
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!