Quality of Life Changes

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Quality of Life Changes

Post by Walderschmidt »

Several things that bugged me but I think would be simple to fix.

1) Captured mortars should be able to fire smoke rounds
2) Sdkfz 222 with the 20mm cannon on the PE side shouldn't be penetrated by normal rifle/machine gun bullets like it is in vCoH.
3) The Beutepanzer tooltip for SE doctrine should tell you that you need the Panzer Support Company building to build it, so you don't accidentally unlock it only to have to build the other building.

If you think of more, post them in this thread.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Re: Quality of Life Changes

Post by CGarr »

1) Hold fire on tanks (alternatively a target armor only option if possible)

2) Base buildings refunding their full cost if manually destroyed at full health (double-tapping delete) or something similar (for dealing with maps that dont have a lot of room to build, PE in particular runs into this issue a lot with their massive T3 and T4 buildings but from what I understand, nobody on the dev team does modeling and nobody has responded to me with info on where I could get some of the tools needed to do it myself (the plugins needed to work on coh models don't appear to be available for more modern software from what I can tell).

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

1) I would love if all base buildings were reduced in size to say bunkers or something.

Totally agree with refund idea.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

GreyGreyGrey

Post by GreyGreyGrey »

Did you play CoH2? Units after "constructing" come on the map from your map entrance like called-in units now (Tiger-Ace, for example). That's interesting, but not all current maps have call-in point near your base. If realize this, all factories can be changed to "command bunkers". But this is only my dreams...

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

GreyGreyGrey wrote:Did you play CoH2? Units after "constructing" come on the map from your map entrance like called-in units now (Tiger-Ace, for example). That's interesting, but not all current maps have call-in point near your base. If realize this, all factories can be changed to "command bunkers". But this is only my dreams...
While I would like this, the more units get called in, the more likely the game is to desync.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is actually possible to have the same unit-recruitment system in CoH1 but as Wald said - it would increase desyncs so we don't plan implementing it.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

This is true in coh2 btw. You’ll notice they changed a lot of those call-in style recruitment in vcoh2 into spawning.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.