British Wasp

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

British Wasp

Post by Walderschmidt »

It's currently useless and it costs fuel.

I just played a game, 2v1 Kwok v Fitz and I and it got zero kills. I can barely even see the flame streams.

Here's the problems:

1) It doesn't kill anything
2) It's range is so small, less than grenade throwing range for riflemen
3) On top of its deficiencies, it costs more than 15 fuel.

How could we fix this?

I suggest

a) lower the fuel cost to 10
b) double the range
c) slightly increase the speed of the unit
d) check the target tables/animations to make sure its all kosher.

What do you guys think?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Re: British Wasp

Post by CGarr »

With how garbage it is currently, any improvement would be welcome.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Do not forget about his insane 400 mp price lmao

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

^oof, that too.

200mp?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Bump.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Maybe that could be an option for brits to counter early mg in building for example. With the "new" flamethrower mechanic, making it lethal for garrisoned squads, that might be worth it even with a slightly smaller price drop ( 300/350 MP 10 fuel) and the increased range. So we can say it could work in case you are against PE, they're starting with inf building, and they're sending an mg to a middle building.

I think it would still remain pretty useless since it can be taken down by pretty much anything capable of shooting bullets, AT WH squad comes earlier, and it wouldn't be able to assault some AA emplacement, and therefore the enemy base, as you could do with a flammenhetzer or a croc.

On top of that, Bren carrier with upgraded mg is a pretty good defensive unit against infantry, having a good suppression output and being (not sure if that's just a feeling) more lethal than the normal mg squad and still more mobile.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

sgtToni95 wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 07:46
On top of that, Bren carrier with upgraded mg is a pretty good defensive unit against infantry, having a good suppression output and being (not sure if that's just a feeling) more lethal than the normal mg squad and still more mobile.
As far as I can remember, the Vickers on Bren carrier has the same stats as the MG team, however, it can shoot on the move (then there are some nerfs to accuracy and it fires shorter bursts and mybe some other nerfs), however, when you upgrade the MG the Bren gun from the front is moved to the pintle so when the vehicle stands still, it has the combined strength of Vickers and Bren which is quite considerable firepower.
sgtToni95 wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 07:46
I think it would still remain pretty useless
It is likely, but maybe with some changes it might become somewhat useful at least on urban maps or urban parts of maps.

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

I think 300 MP and 10 F would be fine, but the lethality needs to be increased, feels like I'm tickling infantry to death. :D

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Btw. doubling the range puts it from 25 to 50. For reference, 60 is as far as most small arms shoot. So at 50, you are basically able to close in on an MG in the building and that MG prob won't ahve time to pack up. Just saying.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Test it out at 40 range, then?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Walderschmidt wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 16:59
Test it out at 40 range, then?

Wald
any range improvement would help, although this thing is a casemate cardboard box with a flamethrower so I don't think 50m would be too bad. anything with a 20mm or bigger can kill it pretty easily. If the range goes to 50 though the price should stay high.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yah... but I don't think you guys understand. Here's more reference data:
The Churchill's flame thrower is at 35. The Sherman croc is at 30. Granted they are much tougher units but their range is set in a way that balances based on their capability.
Additionally, HE shells are usually at 60 range. The wasp could make these HE units obsolete because of how much more cost efficient and deadly they are with their new range.

I feel like at most you'll want 30 range but even then with the cost decrease this unit will be really scary. Think of how easy it will be to just smoke and free rush flames on wheels that will stay at distant range where weapons will be most inaccurate. Some people already are afraid of engineers rushing through smoke, one of the weakest of units that have a flamethrower range of 20.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Okay, make it 35 and let us test it the beta pls.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Could also keep the range low, 25-30 and then give it smoke launchers. Universal carriers usually had them and it'd make all the more sense in this scenario. Price should probably be kept the same or increased if that happens though, as the unit would be scary in the right hands.