Possible Luft Rework

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Possible Luft Rework

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Warhawks97 wrote: The Best job is done to the Command squad. I cant help myself but this is what a command squad is supposed to look like and how its supposed to work. 100% functionality. Boosting troops nearby and provide lots of usefull abilties. And not like the silly AB HQ squad where you dont really know why to get it. For the sniper? the additional bazooka? or to boost nearby troops? Result is that you barely get to field the 101st HQ squad. It doesnt serve the purpose of being functional like the new Luft leader squad.
You dont know why should you get an HQ unit? It is the best command unit so far, 6 men provide great survivability so you can always keep them on the front line providing great boosts and healing to the paratrooper. Also its the only command squad that doesnt get countered by a single sniper as squad sniper can always shoot back.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

And thats what i call hyperfunctionality. All in one squad. Thing is one unlucky arty strike or whatever and over 600 MP is gone. I prefer to share the risk over more but cheaper units. Like getting a 101st squad, M10 and sherman+ greyhound or something like that. It also made operations behind enemie lines difficult as it required 800 MP and more just to get a 101st and the 101st HQ.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

Warhawks97 wrote:And thats what i call hyperfunctionality. All in one squad. Thing is one unlucky arty strike or whatever and over 600 MP is gone. I prefer to share the risk over more but cheaper units. Like getting a 101st squad, M10 and sherman+ greyhound or something like that. It also made operations behind enemie lines difficult as it required 800 MP and more just to get a 101st and the 101st HQ.
I agree with this, inf in general can't really have the durability to stand up to threats like HE without being OP so having cheaper options for specific roles is generally better and the versatility isn't really necessary on HQ squad. 101st/82nd could be versatile at any range and against most units(I've said it before and I'll say it again but I think 82nd should have a garand upgrade available for long range support), and if you really want a sniper you should just buy a sniper.