Please force HE Shermans to wear condoms when having sex with my base

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

HE Change Preference

Option One: HE stats unchanged
No votes
Option Two: HE damages buildings less
43%
Option Three: HE damages buildings more
No votes
Option Four: Make German HE building damage capacity on par with allied capability
57%
Option Five: Post your own thoughts
No votes

Total votes: 7

Walderschmidt

Please force HE Shermans to wear condoms when having sex with my base

Post by Walderschmidt »

HE Shermans seem to always destroy my base buildings in two or three shots. I believe they have a 5x modifier? Figree said something similar in a game with Kwok about this.

Anyhoo - please make the HE Shermans wear condoms so my building last longer when they rape my base. Maybe make it 4-5 thrusts, I mean shots, to take down a building? Even British base trucks seem to last way longer.

Wald
Last edited by Walderschmidt on 20 Nov 2019, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

mofetagalactica

Re: Please force HE Shermans to wear condoms when having sex with my base

Post by mofetagalactica »

Agree agree, they just rape hq buildings waaay to fast (same for stubby pz4 HE)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Just wondering. Do you want Shermans to take longer to kill buildings or do you want other He rounds to kill buildings faster?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Want HE Shermans to kill my buildings slower/HQ slower.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

HE´s are made to take out stuff like buildings out faster. I havent had that much trouble with HE.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Could u clarify, at what situation or game stage does HE sherman happens to be dangerous to ur base?
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

If someone got a tank to your base without it dying, I think it'd make sense for it to kill the buildings quickly. This isn't command and conquer, making a dive for an enemy base during a game is hard even with cloaking inf, nevermind (most) HE tanks. If its happening when the frontline is right outside of your base, you should be toast already anyways. I think Brit trucks only have more health because they're generally further up since brits don't have OP's.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I agree with Garr. If someone gets one of his squishy HE tanks (i mean mentioned units here are all the most squishy tanks you can get) to your base or any other building, it should be rewarding/punishing.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Bump. If no more discussion, we will probably nerf HE against building damage and buff it for howitzer tanks like stuh, 105 Sherman, etc. as it would put more emphasis on different roles. The HE shells will be good at clearing inf and emptying emplacements but not killing buildings.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I'm gonna make a poll, let the forum decide.

That said, my biggest issue with making HE kill buildings faster is that allies would have a decided advantage with the Shermans giving they can turn HE on/off like a switch whereas Germans have to expend HE at a per muni/cooldown cost.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Can't axis switch HE on and off with stubby PIV too?

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

MarKr wrote:Can't axis switch HE on and off with stubby PIV too?
and P3, yeah.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

kwok wrote:Bump. If no more discussion, we will probably nerf HE against building damage and buff it for howitzer tanks like stuh, 105 Sherman, etc. as it would put more emphasis on different roles. The HE shells will be good at clearing inf and emptying emplacements but not killing buildings.
Why is this the default? I get emphasis on different roles, but all this really serves to do is prolong games since generally people frown upon base arty and not all docs have assault howitzers. As I said before, getting an HE tank to a base is not exactly an easy task if the game is still going, and if it's pretty much over then what is the sense in prolonging it for the attackers?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It’s default because the votes based on just discussion seemed even and units with clear roles stands as a stronger principle than “games end too slow”. If what you’re saying is that not all doctrines don’t have the capability to attack buildings then it’s a doctrine structural problem. A capability to be tacked on to a common unit for the sake of having it across all doctrines at the cost of making another unit obsolete isn’t really a solution. That’s like asking to put 1shot always penetrating rockets on to all 37mm guns because not every doctrine has a churchill counter at 2 CP. Why have 88mm AT guns when you can get the job done with a cheap 37mm

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

kwok wrote:It’s default because the votes based on just discussion seemed even and units with clear roles stands as a stronger principle than “games end too slow”. If what you’re saying is that not all doctrines don’t have the capability to attack buildings then it’s a doctrine structural problem. A capability to be tacked on to a common unit for the sake of having it across all doctrines at the cost of making another unit obsolete isn’t really a solution. That’s like asking to put 1shot always penetrating rockets on to all 37mm guns because not every doctrine has a churchill counter at 2 CP. Why have 88mm AT guns when you can get the job done with a cheap 37mm
HE tanks don't make assault howitzers obsolete though, who said that? They have clearly defined roles, one is good for killing inf and destroying/clearing buildings and emplacements *after closing distance* where as the other can kill buildings and emplacements from long range. you also didn't acknowledge my point about how hard it is to close said distance with most HE tanks *unless the game is pretty much over*