Tank HE/AP Ammo Change

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Tank HE/AP Ammo Change

Postby Walderschmidt » 09 Oct 2019, 18:47

It always seemed weird to me that to shoot AP/HE rounds most tanks had to purchase AP/HE rounds than spend twice the muni amount to use them.

What if all tanks already have all HE/AP rounds equipped and just have to pay to use them?

PIIIN/Stubby/Shermans would just pay an activation cost similar to the Blitz 37mm HT.

Armor/TH/Blitz docs could make using said abilities slightly cheaper.

This could also help alleviate muni issue with artillery somewhat.

What do you guys think?

Wald

Warhawks97

Re: Tank HE/AP Ammo Change

Postby Warhawks97 » 09 Oct 2019, 19:20

I would prefer making it the other way arround, upgrade but free use. We had that in the past where you payed each time you activated HE (speaking of perma HE). I prefer the one time to pay, free use way. Let alone that not all tanks carried special AT rounds as they were rare. I consider them more as an upgrade like giving an lmg to an inf squad.

But as for special AP, they would have to cost quite a lot unless you play special doc that gives ammo to its tanks via CP unlock. But HE cheaper as i consider them actually as a "core item". HE´s would cost 15-50 ammo depending on calibre and then free use. Special AP 75 or even 90 ammo as single purchase.

Walderschmidt

Re: Tank HE/AP Ammo Change

Postby Walderschmidt » 09 Oct 2019, 19:32

^I would be okay with that. More upfront cost, but easier to use in the long run.

Wald

Return to “Balancing & Suggestions”