Flaws and Bugs in the AB doc

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Flaws and Bugs in the AB doc

Post by Warhawks97 »

I found some weird stuff in the AB doc.

1. The 101st has 4 upgrades. Thompson, Jackson M1 Garand and Reccoiless Rifle. However the Reccoiless Rifle can only be upraded when the other three have reached their limit. Like you first have to upgrade twice Jackson rifle or Garand so that they disappear and making place for the RL unlock in the UI. Idk if this was intended.

2. The Rocket run is a joke for 200 ammo. The initial target box is very small. It then fires only four missiles with a huge spread between them making two of the four missiles hitting outside of the target box. There is enough space to park a tank between the missile strikes. For 200 ammo i expected something like at least 6 missiles just like the RAF one. The US warfighters had a huge aresnal of bombs and heavy payload capabilties.

3. Their strafe doesnt suppress anymore as it used to be and still needs the AP rounds to be upgraded :roll:

It currently feels that the AB is now the weakest air doc in terms of air support. There is no "punch" behind it anymore (if there ever really was). If i would want an airforce that helps me in a major combat situation or in a heated battle, i would want to have the Luftwaffe supporting me with all their longer lasting raid abilties that doesnt even cost that much more. But 4 missiles with small indicated target area and huge spread (i wonder which of it is intentional, the small starget area or the spread) for 200 ammo is laughable. Its a lot of unlocking for very little. RAF unlocks the same ammount and pays the same but gets a real punch for it with huge AoE´s that obliterate entire armies. And Luftwaffe unlocks less but gets quite a huge arsenal from strafes to bombs to powerfull anti tank stuff.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Flaws and Bugs in the AB doc

Post by MarKr »

The upgrades should work like this:
AB1.jpg
At least it works that way for me :?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Oh, Ok. thats cool. So that means that units can in theory have more than 3 upgrades. Good to know for the future. Ok, so point 1 is obsolete then.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

I agree that the airstrikes for AB and luft are poorly implemented, RAF should be a model for the other airborne docs given that it's consistent in how powerful the different airstrikes are relative to their cost. I'd still be in favor of a smaller, cheaper rocket strike of like 1-3 rockets for 125-150 muni, but the status quo for RAF is fine as is. That's more of a personal preference since I have awful luck with the rockets and bombs hitting on either side of tanks without getting direct hits or just not killing when they do hit, in my opinion 200 is a bit much for something so inconsistent.

The same issue can be seen in other parts of the doc, with airdropped support weapons being multiple different unlocks rather than being grouped with into one, or the extra upgrades in the WSC (Luft doesn't really need anti inf upgrades with their current squad loadouts and RAF gets free MG's from a cp upgrade). On the topic of weapons, the 82nd airborne inf are lacking in anti inf combat versatility as an elite unit, at least in comparison to fallschirmjagers and SAS squads. Even just an M1G upgrade would be nice that would allow for them to be used at ranges other than close (Luft and RAF have elite long range units but 82nd are stuck with SMG's). I think it'd make sense to either give them that extra versatility (Might have some similar ideas regarding luft, I'll have to look when I get home) or move them so that they are a branch from the 101st rather than a step in getting to the command squad (82nd on slot 3, 101st on slot 7, arrows from 101st to both 82nd and command squad, representing paths for either the elite airborne inf (82nd) or improvements on the standard airborne inf (101st) via the command squad and free vet upgrade).

If the issues regarding the seperated support weapon upgrades ever get addressed, some ideas I remember being brought up off the top of my head as replacements would include smoke drop air support call-ins and the ability to crawl for units like the airborne spotter and airborne engineer (latter could serve a similar role to demo squads on axis or possibly even a scorched-earth role of destroying resource points to cut off enemy supplies).

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

I take back what I said, if the rockets are going to stay as far spread and low damage as they are currently then fuck the rockets on US AB, go back to bombs. This doc is a joke, none of my vetted "elite" inf could pen a panther with multiple shots from recoilless and bazookas, they dont have a snare, and 2 direct rocket/bomb strikes did jack shit to the panthers. Anything with a 76 costs CP for the doc but the 76 on tanks is hilariously bad at killing anything with even a little bit of armor, cloaked or uncloaked. Air currently has 0 at options against anything heavier than a p4, this should be like top priority before working on brits or PE. At least lower the cost of the rockets if theyre going to be this shit, I dont mind them not instakilling something if they cost like 100 muni but 200 is ridiculous.
Attachments
4p_crossfire.2019-10-12.17-52-42.rec
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
4p_crossfire.2019-10-12.15-26-44.rec
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 88 times

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The current state of the rocket airstrike is an oversight - in the next update it will have more rockets and they will hit closer to each other, leaving less space for the enemy to "dodge" the strike.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

For the record, we know that some people mentioned having the 90mm tanks go to airborne. We are against this for now because we feel that having both air strikes and direct fire heavy tank counters will create too much synergy for axis to face. We will see how the air strikes will work from here and adjust again if needed
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.